Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberries my favourite as well Snoop hopefully I'll have enough to freeze again this year to keep me going through winter.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, it started bright and sunny, but the dark clouds are rolling in from the west and it's gone very muggy, most of the rain will have been dropped on the hills, so I will probably be out watering again later. Picked most of the radishes and also the blackcurrants, still no tomatoes ready just yet, I think that cold snap put them back a week or more.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly day off, but my daughter might come to see me today Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
          Another lovely sunny day ahead for me. Less breezy so I hope it's not too hot

I picked the last of our blackcurrants yesterday Burnie-straight into the freezer!
          -need to do something else with them really.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, it’s like winter out there apart from the temperature! Raining and blowing a hoolie! Hope it’s better where you are... enjoy your day. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Sorry Jay-am I hogging the summer?.... I have waited a long while for it, but I'll send a bit up to you if you like?... but don't waste it!

Comment

• Snoop -I notice you 'roast' your chicken in a pressure cooker?

Have you tried BBQing them?
                We have a BBQ with a lid and sometimes pop in a whole chicken or other 'roast' off the heat. They taste even better when cooked with wood rather than charcoal.
                It was just a thought as I know it can become impossibly hot in the kitchen with the oven on during the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                  Morning all. Another week gone. The older I get the faster they go. I feel I want to drag my heels to slow the summer down before it disappears over the horizon into winter again.
                  Just be grateful, think how fast it will be going for the likes of Snoop, burnie and Nicos
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

Just be grateful, think how fast it will be going for the likes of Snoop, burnie and Nicos
                    Someone is definitely sailing close to the reef and maybe some trouble lol

Comment

• Can't possibly imagine rary....are you going to give us any useful tips we might use at some point in the future???

Comment

• ^^^^^ Well I always think you should listen to your elders, but in your case that might be dufficult
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• * tsk....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Snoop -I notice you 'roast' your chicken in a pressure cooker?

Have you tried BBQing them?
                            We have a BBQ with a lid and sometimes pop in a whole chicken or other 'roast' off the heat. They taste even better when cooked with wood rather than charcoal.
                            It was just a thought as I know it can become impossibly hot in the kitchen with the oven on during the summer.
                            It's a good question. I've been pondering on a BBQ for years. Couldn't have a wood or charcoal one in summer, though, due to forestry regs. So it would have to be gas, and that rather defeats the point. I have to say, though, the pressure cooker isn't bad. Brown the chicken all over, sweat a mirepoix of veg if you can be bothered, bung in a cup of stock, juice, water, whatever, put the chicken in on top (or on trivet if no mirepoix) and bring up to pressure, cook for however long you need depending on weight and then leave pressure to drop naturally. Probably all done in 40 mins from start to finish, half hour if it's a small chicken, and no worry that it might not be cooked. Always really succulent and juicy, though the skin isn't crispy, but that's no loss to me as I never eat the skin on chicken anyway for some reason - I just don't like it, though I know most people would think me mad for saying that.

Anyway, plus, plus, getting all excited here: the garage is going to include a place for a woodburning range, electric oven and a sink. Brilliant. I think Mr Snoop agreed this because a) he can't imagine life without bread; and b) this garage is costing an arm and a leg so there had better be something in it for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                              ^^^^^ Well I always think you should listen to your elders, but in your case that might be dufficult
                              Rary, we would have loved to listen to one of our elders the other day, meaning you giving your reading, but it was indeed difficult in our case to do so because you didn't tell us where to go on Facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Rary, we would have loved to listen to one of our elders the other day, meaning you giving your reading, but it was indeed difficult in our case to do so because you didn't tell us where to go on Facebook.
                                Sorry about that Snoop, if you go to the page where I am doing the reading you will see me there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X