This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening
    About to walk the dogs . Visited mum with the plants I'd got her from the garden centre . Then farm shop and home through torrential rain. Just had a storm blow in with hail lashing down .
    Save me a glass Nicos ..your day sounds nice.
    Right wellies me thinks .
    Northern England.

Comment

• Good afternoon one and all.
      Still sunny but still have the blustery gusts. Had to cover the courgette plants earlier with debris netting, they were blowing about so much they looked likely to shear off at ground level (wouldn't be the first time).
      Mrs B and DD are cooking dinner so I'm sitting back for a while.

Have a good evening
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good evening all.
        It's been a pretty miserable day here with gale force wind and heavy showers.
        Only watered the greenhouse plants and tidied up a little.
        The temp is way down and it feels cold.
        Hope others are having better weather.
        Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning

Sunny, breezy and 12 degrees

Enjoy
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• ^^^^snap! nice change eh?

Mornin n'alln'all

Looks like it's going to be my food shopping trip today....I wonder what 'non essential necessity' will leap into my trolley ?
            My car had a flat battery yesterday and OH needed to jump start it -not surprising seeing as she's been sat sitting there for 3 weeks

Toast and honey for breakfast -homemade walnut bread-yum!
            Cuppa anyone?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Due to be bright and hot here today. Me, I'm down in the basement with cardie and all, it's so cool down here.

Got a great ton of work to get through today. But it'll be nice and quiet for concentrating as the builders aren't coming today.

So, catch you later guys. Have a good one.

Comment

• Morning
                Hurray it isnt raining hailing or blowing a hoolie .
                Water butts , buckets and trugs are full and nothing needs watered
                The washer is on . A day planned for the garden but OH is ordering a skip for a clear out .
                Have a good day.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all!

That weekend flew past - does anyone know where it was rushing off to?

I managed to get quite a lot done over the weekend - some shopping, a rescue hair cut for my youngest, got lots of washing dried on theline (with mild parnoia that it would blow away with gale that was blowing).

And then in the garden I tied in (well, weaving method) my tomatoes, cut my grass (that filled an empty council recycling bin, whoops), lifted the last of my onions, and did a U-Turn on the idea of building a new shed

The new shed was meant to be a workshop for Mr Shortie and the eldest. And big enough to also store their motorbikes in. Mr Shortie measured the based where the greenhouse is as I was thinking of getting rid of it or moving it anyway. So, the greehouse base isn't big enough (8 by 10) and long story short he's going to convert the summer shed into a work shed, get decent covers for the bike to live down the side of the house and we'll put paving slabs down for the bikes to rest on (it's shingle at the mo)

Mr Shortie then mentioned he thought I was getting chickens again as BHWT contacted me the other day and I mentioned it, and we agreed to get more chickens... which I talked myself out of doing when the last of my old ladies passed away in Winter. So the space where the huge new shed was going to go, is now being reset back as a chicken run, and I started to deweed the area.

And that's how a weekend can suddenly change your plans, lol
                  Last edited by Shortie; 06-07-2020, 08:06 AM. Reason: typo
                  Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Good morning everybody.

Still windy here, but no rain. I've watered all the pots and tubs again this morning and now my water butt's nearly empty. I'd quite like some rain, pretty please.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• I'm glad to say the wind has dropped a bit here but the forecast sunny intervals aren't appearing yet. We had a couple of really heavy showers yesterday evening. I hope all my plants have survived them on top of the wind. I expect the climbing beans will have unwound again.

Comment

• Chickens eh Shortie?.... nice one!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Sunny here but still breezy and just 12 degs.
                          Going to 8nspect the garden for damage and do some weeding.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Off out shopping now...I may be some time

* waddles off wearing survival kit!

Comment

• Prevening All Been a manic Monday working from home. Hope you've all had a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Amazingly no damage at the allotment after the wild weather. The french beans had unwound but the courgettes and squashes actually look greener and happier than before. The sweetcorn still looks strong and healthy and the sun has just come out here (eventually!).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X