Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning lovely and sunny will be putting up the gazebo soon Have to say this sunshine makes weeding easier the soon shrivel up and die.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all cooler today, so must get out and cut grass now the greenhouse jobs have been done, glad that winds gone too. The IT/admin are in touch with the web designers to sort out some of the problems, sure they have invested quite a bit of money in this forum and as we've seen with all the adverts on it, it's way to important to just vanish. I would have been more concerned if they hadn't done the upgrade, I am seeing some fishing sites disappearing due to lack of investment, ditto some others that folk lose interest in as they become stale.
      Sadly a few members have left us, but the numbers of members are still rising with new faces and new stories to be told, I am keeping a positive view on the world, there are a lot more things going on just now in the world, this is a peaceful haven.

Comment

• Didn't watch much of the Woodentops Nicos I was working by then
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• During the lockdown I have been watching some of the old "Out of Town" with Jack Hargreaves, both on dvd and on youtube, he was an old fraud who often got things wrong, but he had a nice style and the subjects he liked were just what I liked too.

Comment

• Good morning nice outside just now but big clouds moving around here hopefully they will keep moving the overnight temperature was down to 4c so still cold outside yet it was hot in bed and we had changed to a lighter blanket. Snoop wishing you well for the pre-med tomorrow I am running out of things to do so that I can avoid the clear out that OH wants done I well take her a wee run in the car today just to get her out the house as I think it's becoming a bit of a strain on her she is usually a mild and tolerant person but she is, quite, angry at some of the recent news reports which really isn't like her she puts up with a lot but then she has me to help her ​​​​​​
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning all. Feel like I've had a good morning. Went out for a walk while it was still cool, and before all the dog walkers started arriving in their cars. I've emptied out a planter of bulbs and used the compost to pot on half a dozen runner beans that I intended to put in the space left when the early potatoes came out, but they are still growing yet.

And I'm fed up with the wood pigeons sitting on top of the 6 foot gate in the garden fence and covering the latch and bolt and path just there with droppings, so I got a thin strip of wood, hammered a row of tacks through it, and nailed it spikey side up across the top. Try sitting on that birdies!

Have a good day everyone.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all! There goes rary trying to make us think he is younger than he is!!!
                Good to hear all the good news, cheered me upon end. Enjoy the rest of your day!! x
                sigpic

Comment

• I am young at heart Jay, young at heart, as I have said in the past, a man is under no obligation to mature as he grows older

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    What a great day weather wise.
                    Played Pitch and putt again this mornig.
                    Decided to be brave this afternoon and went to the supermarket.
                    It felt do good to be out doing my own shopping.
                    Feeling a little more contented now that I can get out and about.
                    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What another beautiful day. I've been indoors all day as I can't get anyone to pick up my prescription and there is no way I'm getting on public transport. So I've had to find someone to fix my car. Should be going in the morning.

My new lawn needs mowing. The peas and beans need to go into the garden. I have never understood why people knock on the door rather than ring the bell. I can only hear the knock if I'm in the sitting room which is why I bought a fancy thingy where I can carry the chime around. I'm still having to sit around waiting for deliveries etc. when I could be doing something more productive.
                      Last edited by JanieB; 27-05-2020, 09:47 PM.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Janie...can Boots deliver for you?

https://www.boots.com/online/pharmacy/

Just a thought.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All and phew Nicos you're up early! Dull and hot. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo!
                            Did You find your breakfast tray?
                            Thought you'd enjoy those freshly picked strawberries!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. I'm sitting here with all the doors and windows open now to let in a breeze to cool the house before the day's predicted heat kicks in. My spikey gate topping is working, but the woodie is sitting as close up to it as he can get without actually putting a foot on it. What's wrong with the rest of the fence that he wants to sit on the gate all the time?
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning., the last bit of green grass had turn brown..got to save all the water for the veggies.
                                And its very hot here already..
                                Last edited by Ms-T; 28-05-2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X