This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All

13C and breezy, wind is forecast to pick up later (I've just hit the frown emoticon, it doesn't have a preview so wonder what it looks like)

Happy Fridays
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning the winds getting up here as well MrB bringing rain with it and it looks like in here for the day At least I won't have to water those lettuces I planted yesterday.
      Make the most of your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning
        We don't have the wind here but rain we have a plenty
        Dogs need walked and then dippy eggs for breakfast I think .
        ​​​​​​​Have a good day ..and if you have nice weather , please share.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Looks pretty dour outdoors, but whats new.

It was mild but overcast yesterday afternoon so I went trout fishing. Two nice rainbows bagged and a large brown trout returned was a good three hours work. Next door neighbour was over the moon when I gave them a trout.

TTFN
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
            It's super breezy here this morning but no rain just yet.
            No plans for the day but I am sure something will need doing.
            Couldn't put the laundry out in this breeze, dont think I would sed it again.
            Have a good day and if you see the sun send it over here.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all stay safe
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon, all.

Hot again here but we're due a cool night (13 ºC), which will cool the house down a bit too. Fields are definitely drying up in the heat, but not very sure what I can do about it at this stage of the game. Go and admire the dying pear trees, I guess.

Anyway, no builders today. So nice and quiet for a change.

Catch you later, guys. Have a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                  Morning all stay safe
                  Am doing!
                  You too x

Decided to eek out the shopping for another week-I'm sure we'll cope

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I have just ordered myself,the gift of a nice dress form,hopefully arrive on monday,it has the trouser option on it,and sturdy lockable castors,i must get my head around to where it used to be a few years ago ,how ever i will need to give the lower half a small pack out,so if i can get some fat shifted,it will still adjust down to my needs,hope it can be my insentive ,
                    Our egg count has gone down last few days,lost poor lucky,plus 1 of the others are intemitant laying,am not sad,as i did give the best
                    Last edited by lottie dolly; 03-07-2020, 01:09 PM.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• ^Sorry to hear about Lucky, LD. They often stop laying so frequently in summer as they age. She might start up again more regularly in the autumn. You made a lovely home for them, so sure as eggs are eggs (), you gave Lucky and chums a good life.

Comment

• These things happen Snoop,have still got the 4 laying 3 eggs ,wish i could solve the ofspring bother,without major upset and worse,am soooooooooooooootorn as to whats the best action,seeings as the so called help will not,might have to be what i have been avoiding,what family and friend keep saying,anyhooo,i have my new toy to look forwards to,trying to add a smiley,but the things keep freezing,oh wellhahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          ^Sorry to hear about Lucky, LD. They often stop laying so frequently in summer as they age.
                          That's a fact of life Snoop it happens with a lot of different species
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon has been raining all day today was doing a bit of work in the garage when OH gave me shout to tell me that there is water coming in from the conservatory roof, have carried out a temporary repair and as usual while doing it there was heavy rain and now that I have it done the rain is off, I am having a quick cup of coffee then going for a shower, we also have the heating on as OH is feeling cold, I have told her to come and get a hot shower as well but for some reason she's saying NO, well possibly not that word I think if she used strong language she would be telling me to go t h--- as I think she wants me to visit her brother
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Another grey, drizzly and windy day. I had to go to the doctor's surgery for a blood test this morning. I didn't realise how much social distancing had become natural to me. Even wearing a mask and the nurse wearing one I felt very uncomfortable in a small room with another person so close. The only person I have been so near for over 3 months is my husband.
                              Then a trip to the allotment. I didn't stay too long. The soil was boggy and it was cold. I picked onions and strawberries, watered the greenhouses and armpitted the tomatoes. Just hoping for a bit of sun soon.

Comment

• Good afternoon.
                                Had to buy a adblue for the car this morning, (not a particularly pleasant experience), then later went for a walk. First time since just before lockdown and luckily the rain held off.
                                Spent the afternoon out in the garage fiddling with metalwork, making a bracket for my trailer.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X