This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
    Meant to say CG, your avatar is showing as a black disc, have you uploaded a new one? If you have that happened to me the other day on the wildlife thread, I could see the uploaded pic but it showed blank to other users.

If you wanted it to look like that apologies for sticking my nose in...
    Thank you MrB . I hadn't noticed . Pic was too large so I've shrunk it a bit more
    Northern England.

Comment

• Love the colours there CG!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, it's rained here all day up to yet so nothing done out doors only fastened my GH toms to their canes and sown more cress.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Nicos . Just california poppies but like paper .
          Attached Files
          Northern England.

Comment

• Just had a shower . Been ok all day , nice breeze .
            clouds were lovely tonight , like waves and seagull wings.
            took a pic which doesnt do them justice.
            Attached Files
            Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Really?...OK thanks! -just need to find somewhere to buy it from then ....Any ideas?
              Here's one...…………...
              https://www.wildflower.co.uk/wildflo...hus-minor.html

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Fine weather. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and All.
                  And here's me thinking it was Saturday, not that it actually matters..
                  Doesn't feel quite so damp in the air this morning, yesterday everything you touched felt damp and clammy, even the bedding (yuk).

Enjoy the day
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all! I was up with the larks this morning. I have finally potted on the teenie weenie chilli plants - I don't hold out great hope now but let's see... and sorted the kitchen before the mayhem of the day starts with work and everyone else gets up

I need to get out the back and weed this weekend, deadhead the roses out the front, and start to stake my tomatoes

I also realised yesterday that the reason the new strawberry bed has done so badly this year (the plants are fab but I must have had a tiny handful of strawberries. is that it's not in a sunny enough spot, so I will move the plants to where the onions have been this year as that gets sun most of the day.

I have also conceded that it's not meant to be with butternut squashes for me any more - 3 years of awful harvests and this year in the back garden something has eaten all the plants . My runners have only just put on flowers so will see how they go as I've not had great luck with them in recent years either (but then I was at an allotment before and not able to get there every day to water in hot weather..)

Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Morning all.

Just read your signature, Shortie. That's a lovely thought.

Builders are in action. Arrived so early today we were still in bed. Embarrassing. Dogs loved it as they had a good excuse to defend the fort from all invaders before we arrived on the scene. Fortunately the builders know them and they know the builders, but a big lorry with a smelly exhaust pipe chugging down the drive provides a brilliant dragon to be repelled.

Work calls today, definitely. Better get on with it, she says with sinking heart.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Morning
                        Sun and cloud . Dog walk time .

Haha defending the dragon, I can just imagine .
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning day started out sunny but now its raining and set in for the day. at least I got a bit of gardening done early on
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning had a busy day yesterday loading a hut into a skip and with the lifting and sawing and narrowing I was absulutly shattered, I just don't understand this not so long ago I could have done this day after day and still go out and ply football with the kids only thing I can think is causing it is a change of diet as evedently it can't be anything else we had rain last night and we now have Nicos's tupperware sky(great description Nicos​​​​​​) so for out to the greenhouse then get the rest of this hut loaded, catch you all later, enjoy the day
                            Last edited by rary; 19-06-2020, 08:03 AM.
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all, we still have the Harr(a thick sea fog that drifts in off a cold North Sea), I'm glad I did all the outdoor gardening yesterday, today doesn't look so promising. Take care and grab the day and get the most from it.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                It's a breezy morning but at least its dry.
                                It rained from yesterday afternoon until about eight o'clock this morning.
                                Off out to Aldi to get some shopping, seniors from 11 o'clock until 1.
                                Hoping to get something done in the garden this afternoon.
                                Family quiz on zoom tonight.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse