Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop -so glad there is some actual work going on!
    I suggest you 'invite' boss man back for regular checks....maybe intice him with some of you culinary delights????

Yesterday our boss carpenter came back again to measure up for our banisters ....again.
    I felt there were a couple of issues he'd not understood ( probably due to my French) and I think we are all now satisfied that the perfect results will appear

Its uplifting to see our ideas coming to fruition isn't it?...Yey!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all,what peculiar weather,everything with MR is fine,but the other problem has been so bad,he very upset about dad,on top of other things,special help is needed,i thought it was coming,but no,have had to put on an act in front of MR,and tell a few white ones,fed up with having to get involved,why can the relevant peeps NOT do anything,all agree it is needed,pass the buck,not our departement,upshot is,all calm again,but staying out our way,all this because he made a call to cancel something and made a remark,AGAIN,and they said sorry,but we have to call it in,lots of peeps are worried,then it's explain best i can,i have to protect MR at all cost,sorry i cannot eleborate,but am sure you get the idea,im again back in the land of peace and calm once more,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon All. Very humid and the clouds are banking up, could do with a storm to clear the air.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Zen thoughts passing your way lottie xxxx

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you have a calm and peaceful day today, Lottie.

Grey here this morning. Drizzle due all afternoon. No builders at the moment, so maybe they won't come because of the weather. a. n. other didn't come back in the afternoon yesterday. Mr Snoop heard boss builder having a bit of a go at him in the morning for not working hard enough, so maybe he's realised a. n. other is indeed a lazy rude word.

Half asleep this morning. Stayed up late watching a film when should have been in bed. Definitely got to have a nap this afternoon, notwithstanding my youthfulness!

Hope you all have lovely days. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning
              Sun is shining . Greenhouse is open watered and fed.
              Shall potter outside today.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's been raining here since before 5am, nice soft gentle rain that soaks into the soil and does some good. Everything has perked up in the garden and started growing in earnest again.

I went out early to get some cash from the machine at the local shopping centre as I'm having a window replaced on Friday and the chap prefers cash over bank transfer. It's the first time I've been anywhere apart from the farm to check the bees. It all looks so different with cordons and barriers and one way routes.

It seems odd that roadside layby parking is cordoned off, but in the outside car park no restrictions or pedestrian directions are in place, so everyone will be parking close and walking whichever way they want.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Got my wild flowers planted into my wildflower meadow yesterday. Wildflower meadow sounds a bit powsh but its actually just part of the lawn at the top of the garden, shaped and uncut.
                  If the weather stays dry today I will try and crack on with the pointing I was supposed to start at the beginning of the week.

Take care and look after yourselves grapes and TTFN.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

'Tupperware skies' today. You know that plain, funny grey of old tupperwear lids?...well -that colour!

Not sure what today will bring but we had planned to go and buy finely crushed marble and oxidised pigment for the final coat on the walls but the local organic farmer has said he has some matured muck if we want to go and buy/collect some.
                    It's for the melons and squash which desperately need planting out, so that's probably going to take priority.
                    How much is a trailer load of muck selling for these days?

I made a lovely pud yesterday - no recipe but a flaky pastry, filled with Victoria sponge , with a layer of blackcurrants pushed down into the sponge. I'll certainly be making that again! I mixed too much sponge so make a few mulberry (dried)and raisin buns for afternoon munchies.

We have a few 'wildflower' areas left in our field section of the garden, with wide walkways running through them. I think this is the 3rd year and it's still mostly grasses. Some reached almost 6ft high!!!!! OH strimmed them to knee height before the rain bashed them flat. Still not many wild flowers - just a few oxeye daisies and a self seeded mallow. Have you seeded your areas Snadge?

Best crack on - see ya later peeps
                    3 days until the longest day!

Comment

• Good Morning All Coffee break while WFH. Raining. Lots to do so better get on with it. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All.
                        Right old thunderstorm and heavy rain late yesterday afternoon with floods in some local parts. Raining steady today but with frequent heavier bursts.

Mr.s B's pureeing an excess of strawbs at the moment and will be making sourdough crackers later, just got some bread dough started and borlottis have been soaking overnight so will probably make hummus.

Catch you later
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• If you have a lot of grass in your new Wild Meadows, plant some Yellow Rattle first as it paritisises and reduces the grasses and gives room for more wild flowers.

Comment

• Really?...OK thanks! -just need to find somewhere to buy it from then ....Any ideas?

Comment

• Meant to say CG, your avatar is showing as a black disc, have you uploaded a new one? If you have that happened to me the other day on the wildlife thread, I could see the uploaded pic but it showed blank to other users.

If you wanted it to look like that apologies for sticking my nose in...
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                It's a horrible dull grey morning here.
                                Waiting for the rain to start.

Have a good day and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment