Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening I've Spent the whole day outdoors again its been shorts an t-shirt weather again here sadly it looks like rain for the rest of the week.

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
    Must admit, I cannot be on with the queues and 2metre rules and faff. I will stay put . As for getting my hair cut in a mask, I will carry on letting my OH cut it
    I had my 3rd lockdown hair cut yesterday MrPots is doing a fine job I did his hair after using the Wahl trimmer but i'm not brave enough to have mine cut with it.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 16-06-2020, 06:51 PM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Talking of haircuts, I stupidly let hubby cut my fringe during this lockdown.
      what was I thinking!
      i had a fringe, wonky, about 1 1/2 inches shorter than it should be.
      well, it needs cutting again now, I’ll be the one wearing an Alice band
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Evening all. My goodness is it close this evening. We've just had a splattering of rain but it feels like it made things worse, not better. I forecast bad sleep tonight. Zzzzzzz

OOhh that's fab news about the staircase Nicos.

Nothing really exciting to report here - working from home onday to Friday whist also trying to be a home-schooler / children's work load organiser / house cleaner.... IThis is definately strenghtening my resolve (if not slightly grumpy at times)
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Good evening, got the tin sheets of the hut with a lot of moans from OH as every time I moved the hut swayed but got them off and dropped the hut a skip coming tomorrow so another busy day and with that its time for bed
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Misty again. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning thunder storm earlier with heavy rain but still feels very clamy been up from 4.30 so nipped out and moved the car when there was a gap in the rain the car was sitting in the space I want the skip placed, well with all the rain I don't need to worry about watering the garden which is something I don't normally need to do this weather has been great and hopefully will continue, well once finished with the skip I am going to make up more baskets as the ones I have made up already are not doing very well I think I have had a batch of bad compost as I have had sown some seeds that didn't show which I thought was due to them being old seed but now I am not so sure I will strip down the baskets and put the plants into new compost and see how they go enjoy the day whatever your weather
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                Well someone has finally turned the tap off!....I might manage to finally get some mowing done!
                I guess the farmers at least will be happy with the grass growing...

I noticed yesterday that a field of barley had gone yellow and looked almost ready to take ....June?....Isn't that a tad early????I always used to associate that with late summer (ah -just noticed the 'confused icon with the question marks' doesn't exist!)

Not sure what today will bring but it will hopefully include mowing if the grass manages to dry out a tad.

Rary -enjoy your skip -expect to get peeps having a bit of a peer inside!... I know I would

Enjoy your day folks-keep safe!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning another misty start to the day the suns out now but thunderstorms due again late afternoon, best make the most of the day.
                  Nicos our grass has hardly grown at all so I'm not getting as much cutting to use mulch as I usually do this time of year
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning
                    Feeling very sluggish today and tired. Hoping it's just the weather. Did barely a thing yesterday .
                    Rary are you having a new hut or doing something else with the space?
                    We are planning a skip too , alot of OHs carp (no not fish) needs to go
                    Have opened the gh and that's it so far.
                    Dogs walks time.
                    Last edited by Containergardener; 17-06-2020, 07:35 AM.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Thick mist here early on but it's all cleared now. Yesterday after hearing thunder rumbling in the distance practically non-stop all afternoon we finally had a huge thunderstorm overhead at about half past eight in the evening, with a torrential downpour. Won't have to water the pots and tubs today.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• I don't much like any of the icons we've been gifted with, Nicos. The one labelled confused doesn't look the part at all! And the big grin isn't.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• The crops are ready to bring in here too, Nicos. In our valley, the farmer's efforts will be wasted as he can't get machinery into the fields because they're still waterlogged. At most, he'll be able to let his animals in to graze the fields, but no saleable grain and no hay in for the winter.

Anyway, builders are here pouring concrete onto the roof and for the reinforced ring beam. So it's all go today. Boss builder, top builder's mate, boss builder's daughter and a. n. other. With boss builder here, even a. n. other will have to pull his weight. Plus, he's not going to want to look like the lazy rude-word that he is in front of the daughter, especially as it's her first day.

Me, I'm supposed to be working hard today. If recent weeks are anything to go by, that's unlikely. But do need to get through some work.

Catch you later, guys. Have a good one.

Comment

• Morning, we're missing the storms, so lucky for that, it's a nice gentle start to the day, a lot of cloud and a smidge of sunshine, supposed to be slowly getting warmer again. Grass o be cut today, but dodging the daisies, leaving then for the bees.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A very dull and dreary start to the day here.
                              We have escaped the storms but had some rain overnight.
                              Some domestics this morning and hopefully gardening this afternoon.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                                I don't much like any of the icons we've been gifted with, Nicos. The one labelled confused doesn't look the part at all! And the big grin isn't.
                                Apparently we're going to be offered new ones soon!
                                When, I'm not sure, but they will be changed eventually
                                Last edited by Nicos; 17-06-2020, 08:35 PM.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X