Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been to the plot twice today. Once to do a load of planting and a return visit with slug pellets so that the stuff I have planted is still there tomorrow.

Of course I couldn't jusp apply slug pellets and leave, could I. Rigged up a debri netting tent over my calabrese which had been nibbled by woodies.
    Covered my carrots with enviromesh held down with a couple of bricks. I will make a better job of securing it next time I am at plot. Cut down the comfrey for its second cut this year and put it on top of some potatoes I have in a bed as an experiment.

All of my runner beans hadn't germinated so sowed some mixed climbing french beans at the bottom of three of the canes to fill the gap.
    Earlier today I had planted out my French beans and my climbing french beans up a seperate wigwam.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening all

My sister is looking at our family tree at the moment and has managed to find other connected trees that have really opened up the family history. My sister, aunt and Mum even had a Zoom call yesterday afternoon with one of my Nan's cousins that they had lost contact with

Deweeding-wise, this weekend I have deweeded the tomato and strawberry bed but otherwise it's been a lot of sorting indoors
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Good evening had a wee snooze, I didn't need an hour Lotty and been fed so came to the conclusion that it's tiredness (thats before anyone thinks otherwise​​​​​​) and not age that caused me to slump earlier was back out at the greenhouse and the temperature is showing 39.5c with doors and windows wide open meant to say earlier after the online church service this morning the family had a quiz and one section was about the family who did this or said that type of questions and after it the jackets of son or daughter is hanging on a shoogly peg I've told them their name can come off the will but in saying that it was an enjoyable time right going to either read a book or annoy OH yes depends on her reaction whither I will read a book or not
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
          It was a nice sunny afternoon 7ntil about 4 o'clock.
          It got dull and then we had a shower..
          Everything is still quite dry in spite of the rain.

Rary, I am sure you were just tired from a disturbed sleep,,not from getting older.

Lottie, take care of yourself, the last thing you need is a fall.

Nicos, looking forward to hearing how the stairs worked out.
          Several years ago we decided to have stairs made to go up to our attic.
          Turned out the guy we contacted had actually worked on the building of our house.ll

Snadge, widh I had your energy and envious of your plots.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Misty. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

Misty here too and not a breath of breeze.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning Likewise misty. Decent drop of rain late yesterday afternoon, looked like the sort of rain that does the garden good.

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Cloudy but still quite bright up top. Down below, the builders have arrived. Only two of them, but the best two (boss and top sidekick). So that's a good start.

The usual busy-busy day. Could do with more sleep, though. Updated Windows in our free data period overnight. Just as well, as it must have been a massive update. Started shortly after 1 am. Didn't get to bed till shortly after 4.30 am. I imagine there are differences, just haven't noticed them yet...

Hope you all have a great day. Catch you later.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Just waiting for the guys coming to fit the staircase...am excited to finally have a safe staircase but worried about having 2-3 strangers wandering around the house without masks...I've got spare ones for them . I just hope they arrive with their own so I'm not put in the situation to insist.
                    we'll see eh?

Another dull day here too but I had a bit of a furtle in the strawberry patch and the rain has soaked down about 3" now....somwe certainly could do with more for the spuds....

see ya later peeps -best get a coffee on ready for the guys....
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning still warm and feels a bit muggy, had my porridge and now going for another cup of tea don't know what order of "things to be done" I will start with yet will decide over a cuppa, and thank you bramble, so understanding that it was tiredness and not anything that caused the problem yesterday have a good day folks and keep safe
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                        Todays excitement is the grass bin collection (after a month of waiting) , full of weed and snails . So many snails this yr and sk big
                        Cloudy but warm here , back in the garden again today, forecast says 30% chance of rain from 6pm.
                        No further plans yet, dogs to walk first.
                        Hope all goes to plan with builders and staircases.
                        Have a good day.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Tis good to live in a country rary where an afternoon siesta is considered acceptable!

Well - that's what I call my '40 winks' as my grandpa used to say!!! : p

Sorry about all the noise peeps- the staircase is coming out!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by Nicos; 15-06-2020, 07:32 AM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning a bit misty early on but nothing like yesterdays that hung around for ages, no garden plans for today just some weeding and seed sowing.
                            Have a good day.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning Still damp and foggy here too with barely a breath of wind, garden looks like it's enjoying it though, I swear everything has doubled in size overnight, take care all and good luck with the builders where applicable...…………………….

Comment

• Morning all

Now that B&Q are supposedly open I intend buying four bags of sand and a bag of cement. I need to point three walls of my kitchen extension which didn't get done at the time. As long as the wet stuff stays away I don't mind it being overcast as it is now. There's always summat to do and being retired, I don't know where I found the time to work!

TTFN
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X