Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postman knocked the door with small parcel,waited for me to open up,asked how we were,and to be careful,it's so nice that most peeps ARE pulling together,
    son been up at a big distance outside,cleaned the girls out and dug over the pen,so they got a fresh area,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I am so glad that the time I have put in over the last year or two encouraging elderly relatives (especially the ones that are hard of hearing) to text is paying off, even if some of the messages are a little weird. Some shopping lists probably need an enigma machine to decipher them but at least we are getting there.

Comment

• Eating the first pea pod of 2020.

Please note, I did not say "peas" - but "peapod" and it was not a Mangetout. However, it tasted of summer and promise of better things to come - including peas!
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 31-03-2020, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Got what i wanted,thankyou son for giving me your spare costco card,they are now,no restrictions on the amount you can have,plus they got the C19 restrictions in place wonderfully,small queue,body comes along sees what card you got,i was 1 of the lucky few that got straight in,every one behaving,1 queue for check out,and staff directing peeps to the pay stations,i swear it was quicker than normal,well done costco,

The poly tunnel plastic,and tape have arrived,First tunnels,i ordered by phone,so another praise
          Last edited by lottie dolly; 01-04-2020, 11:49 AM.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Yesterday I made pasta bake for us and the spare I delivered today to "oldies" who I know who I worry about. It nearly made me cry this evening when a couple of them rang me to express their appreciation and tell me how much they had enjoyed it. Must think of more things I can make and deliver. Stew? Maybe curry? I may have to expand their culinary horizons.

Comment

• Peas - won't be long!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1177.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	2386789

Comment

• I’ve got a website for my chillies
                Obviously not telling you what it is, because that would be advertising
                But if you’re really board in lockdown you could go hunt it down

Comment

• Our 5th great grand child arrived at 11.30 this morning,4 or 5 weeks early,weight 3pounds 8onz,mother and baby are fine,the not nice side is,father was not allowed at the birth,only after,for brief visit,and mother has to go home,not allowed to stay overnight,but can go in for some time tomoz,i can identify with being separated from your baby,when our eldest was born 50 years ago,all i got to see was a blob for a second or 2,then did not see him till next day,grrr,
                  that now makes for us,3 gg sons and 2 ggdaughters,am happy they safe and well,so she is just over 3 hours old bless em all.

Comment

• ^Congrats, LD.

Meanwhile, I'm happy because I've managed to speak to my mum.

She's been in hospital for nearly four weeks now. A few days back, her temperature rose and they thought she might have Covid-19. Got the good news back yesterday that tests showed negative, but unable to speak to us because they've changed their phone protocol and now patients can't use the hospital phones. One of my brothers sorted out a tablet for her and got it delivered. She's a definite technophobe, but is really pleased to have it to talk to us now.

So, three cheers for my brother, the hospital staff and my mum.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 02-04-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• My son dropped off a bottle of wine and a bottle of Baileys with the groceries.��

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've just had a "brilliant" idea. If I pick extra leeks when I go to the allotment I can drop some of for the person I bought "too many" potatoes for the other day. I know she likes to make leek and potato soup.

Comment

• Plus, last night had toad in the hole cooked in a Le Creuset skillet. Came out in one lovely well-risen piece. "That's a great pan", says Mr Snoop. Though I still haven't told him how much it cost...

Plus, plus, we had half a bottle of wine between us to celebrate my mum's results and ability to use her tablet. First alcohol in three weeks!

Comment

• Just had MR engaging with jigsaws,they are kids ones,he has done a 12 piece and a 16 one,i feel very pleased that he has just engaged,it did take a while for him to grasp how to start,will have him doing at least 1 most days,we got other games as well,all for kids,will have him doing bean bags in the hole in a bit,all good to help train the brain,and hand eye coordination,i have to keep trying,as i tolled him,it is good we spending time together doing something,we have ALL,got to be happy about out lot,as they say.

Comment

• My landlord said yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                                Just had MR engaging with jigsaws,they are kids ones,he has done a 12 piece and a 16 one,i feel very pleased that he has just engaged,it did take a while for him to grasp how to start,will have him doing at least 1 most days,we got other games as well,all for kids,will have him doing bean bags in the hole in a bit,all good to help train the brain,and hand eye coordination,i have to keep trying,as i tolled him,it is good we spending time together doing something,we have ALL,got to be happy about out lot,as they say.
                                That's good he has got involved with jigsaws. My dad wasnt keen .
                                Hope you are managing x
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X