You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Primroses!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have convinced myself (and my husband) that after taking a car boot of rubbish from the allotment to the skip a little detour via a large local garden centre is in order.
        Just for ideas of course! I don't actually need anything.

Comment

A day off work... no chores to do and the sun is shining. You will find me in my GH filling my seed trays and pots ready for sowing, filling the bird feeders, admiring the hellebores. Thinking lunch in the garden centre cafe and a wander around

I don't "need" anything either Greenish but the temptation may be too much
          V.P.
          The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

When something you have been really dreading goes far better than expected.

Comment

went out the back,and heard Lucky hen with more like HER squark,she now flutters up and down from the outdoor roost, in the enclosure,she very thin and light weight,vaulantarily had a few pecks of yogurt,also got some apple cider vinegar,and some paltry tonic food,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

My daughter got me a membership to Batsford arboretum for myself and a friend for Christmas, so I am taking my wife there this afternoon to do a bit of tree hugging, it also has a garden centre attached so will take some pocket money.

Comment

I’ve ordered seeds.

And not all of them chilli

Comment

I'm about to start planning my veg patch for real. No sowing, though, and (probably) don't need to buy seeds.

Comment

Watching big fat snowflakes falling while snuggled up nice and warm knowing that I don't have to go out unless I want to.

Comment

Bought a Poundland pack of two loose rooted hostas on impulse.
                        When potting them up were FOUR small plants. I’m ridiculously pleased.
                        Last edited by muck lover; 28-01-2020, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Getting an allotment after much too long a break.
                          Teaching nearly broke me, it ate up all my time and meant I had no time left for what I enjoyed including my plot.
                          Moved to a new site and now have a new half plot to cultivate and call my own.
                          Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.
                          Though I must admit feel rather rusty re what and how to grow things.
                          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

My fridge-freezer is working again ;-)

Comment

After, quite frankly, a very c..p day I am now home and checked the propagator. I have Signs Of Life! It has even taken the chili seeds only 7-12 days to germinate

I am smiling now, just hope that I haven't peaked too soon
                              V.P.
                              The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Lovely to see miffy back with us again! * waves...
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X