No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son, his partner and grandson coming for dinner this evening.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I bought a mantis rotating compost bin second hand for about a tenth of new price. I always wanted one but couldn’t justify the expense.
      I spent a busy and blissful hour filling it and I can’t wait to see how hot it gets. That means I get to play with my Christmas compost thermometer too.....I am ridiculously pleased

Comment

• Poop.

Specifically a new delivery of manure to the plot, after we've gone without for two years.

Comment

• I woke up feeling happy.....lots to worry about, but I still feel happy....We got back from a 2 week holiday over a week ago...and I still feel happy.
          I think my holiblob did me a world of good!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	15303A7C-CCAB-4F10-A27B-A6466E7BC851.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	2382825

That our newest oldie Maggie the Sag has had her operation for an oral tumour (big lump in her top lip) and is still with us.
            I’ve been worried as me and our wonderful vet Suzi agreed that if it was in her opinion (she trained vets, is very knowledgeable and ultimately full of humanity towards both her 2 and 4 legged clients) a malignant lump Maggie would be PTS.
            The op took longer than expected and she may now woof with a lisp but I’m collecting her at 5pm. Histology report due in 5-7 days.

Whoop whoop
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Added extra to the above........

Let me set the scene. Our vet is in the back end of nowhere. The practice is next to the stables which is next to the Manor House on a dead end road.
              When we first got Maggie the Sag she desperately needed her teeth sorted because she couldn’t eat. Five extractions later Maggie was caught, after escaping her dog crate CHEWING through the door frame to escape.

Now today......... collect at 5 they said. Phone goes at 1.30. It’s the vet. Maggie has got out of the crate again and Suzy is worried that she might break her numerous stitches by chewing the door frame again.
              Lovely neighbor takes me to get the daft mutt.
              Finds vet sitting in the sun outside the practice eating her lunch with Mags on a lead.
              Must put escapee on her notes says vet.
              Mags now asleep on the sofa.
              Fingers crossed for histology results.
              Last edited by Lumpy; 28-03-2019, 02:43 PM.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Buying a few new plants at the GC with my daughter
                Picked my own Mothers Day plant there as well
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Maggie the Sag feeling a bit sorry for herself but her spirits are lifted with the boiled chicken breast/ tripe/pasta soup thingy for food.
                  On a more important point the bug screen has gone back up over the door as it’s been gloriously sunny and warm today.

Comment

• Dog stories make me happy.

Comment

• I was looking at the potato plants in the borders of the greenhouse and I can see little flower buds. In my mind I can already taste the new potatoes. Must keep some fleece handy for Sunday night. We're supposed to get pretty cold here.

Comment

• Rain.

Comment

• Just ordered tickets for the homebuilding & renovating show in Glasgow, 1st June

Comment

• Having an enjoyable chat with the Home insurance policy company. Took half an hour, most of it talking about books, where to buy them cheap and his Gran who works in a charity shop. He ended up apologising for going off on a tangent - makes a change, its usually me who's blamed for that - and reduced my premium to less than I paid last year.
                            Half an hour well spent and it was fun for a change.

Comment

• Carrots, spring onions & sweet William have all germinated.

Comment

• I just had to have a peep!!!! These are the potatoes that I planted in the greenhouse borders on Feb 19th.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_210418.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	2382981

Now carefully recovered for a few more weeks......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X