No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve applied for a move to our local council. I know that my garden will be trashed by them if we get one but I cannot continue the way we are.
    Onwards and upwards so they say.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• my First ever oil painting arrived today. Ordered from a very well known auction site.
      All I need now is a new shiny wall to hang it on

Comment

• Two things :-
        I found that an electric Dog hair trimmer can be used on VC's hair (its not feathers) and it saved me the trauma and expense of a trip to the hairdresser.

and
        I had one of those automated phone calls telling me I was about to be disconnected. Normally, I just put the phone down and block the number. Not today. I decided to get angry and be rude to the "caller".
        What did I say in my fury?

"Go and boil your head!".

I couldn't stop laughing afterwards - what a daft thing to say to a recorded message but I did feel better for saying it.

Comment

• Seeing three bees in my garden.
          A big bumble bee on my plum tree blossom.
          Two smaller bees on my Rosemary Bush.
          All good signs I hope.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Gruff Baby

Our lad Gruff who turned two years old on St David's Day, which reminds me of the second thing that makes me happy: 'Gwnewch y pethau bychain mewn bywyd' as St David said, which in English means 'Do the little things in life'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GRUFF CAKE cropped ETO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	2382667
            sigpic

From Planet of the Apes to Animal Farm: a record of our first year in a microscopic country village with more cows and stars than people -

Comment

• I've spent the last couple of days moisturizing a seed head stuck to my tom plant then today I managed to lift it free without beheading my seedling.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Broad bean stalks, being hollow can be cut to shortish lengths and then placed with sweet corn etc to attract earwigs.
                So simple and eco friendly.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Two wonderful things today......
                  I watched a programme that actually had a politician that backed their constituents no matter what they wanted".......

More importantly

I’ve been introduced to Etta James. Voice of a blues angel. Truly amazing.

Comment

• Rugby.. daft as a brush...
                    Well done Wales btw
                    sigpic
                    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• England, Scotland match...awesome

Comment

• Woodchip delivery. MPC delivery.

The first dawn session on the plot.

My Cafe au Lait dahlia making it through the winter. (It's not sprouting, but I had to dig it up to re-locate it, and it looks sound.)

Comment

• A good friend who collected eldest for school so poorly youngest didn't have to go out in the cold and rain.
                          Last edited by happyhumph; 18-03-2019, 09:17 AM.
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I've found my compost bin lid . It went walk about in last weeks storm.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20190318_133838.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	2382708

Hurrah!!!
                              1st asparagus spear of the year appearing.

Comment

• Shoulder surgery over. Had a rough enough week but last day or two I’ve been able to potter again in the garden. Off the hallucinogenic drugs too.......ah well- can’t have everything.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X