The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, imagine the scene........

I have a built in wardrobe. It's only one door wide but 5 foot deep. The junk (sorry important stuff) collected in there was awesome. Last week decided to have a clear out.
    At the bottom was amongst other things - 2 vet blankets, a new dog bed, boots, 3 shoes (the single one was a very old, high heeled affair that I used to wear to show off my seamed silk stockings - what memories that little shoe bought back Ho Hum), an old hoover and an inflatable excercise ball that had been touched by a pump.
    Bear with me as I'm getting to the point.............
    On the shelf besides and even older laptop and 2 pairs of new woolley tights was, shoved right at the back a large plastic container.
    It was glowing and calling to me quietly.
    I reached, I held and then I gasped..................it was full of veggie seeds. Some open but most not.
    Just like Crimbo but much more exciting as I left the bedroom looking like a small nuclear explosion had gone off and spent hours looking through my now 2 large plastic tubs of seeds.
    Last edited by Lumpy; 20-02-2019, 12:34 PM.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Oooh how exciting Lumpy!! That's exactly how I feel when I open my huge seed box every January
      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Seeing my first lambs of the year
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Coming home from 13 hours at work to find oh has been busy painting and cleaning up after himself as I get into the kitchen quick pizza for tea yum!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	32597D0E-6C04-4121-AD2A-411B6D7277C0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	2382372Signs of spring.

Comment

• Just been looking at the weather forecast for today and noticed there will be a UV index of 3 today
              Not sure if that is good really (it's only February after all!) but hey....it's weekend....and it's sunny...and I have time to spend the rest of the day in the garden

Best hunt out my suncream!

Comment

• My grandson being christened today.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Yesterday spotted loads of wild honey bees on my flowering Rosemary.
                  A huuuuge bumble bee feeding from a helibore.
                  A peacock butterfly fluttering around.
                  And bestist of all (cos I've hardly ever seen one before) a male Brimstone butterfly looking for flowers.
                  https://butterfly-conservation.org/b...lies/brimstone

I need more early flowers!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mrs Brown looks as if she's about to have a word with Ted

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0234.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	2382435

Comment

• Warm sunshine, my cauliflower AYR seedlings just starting to show, and saw lots of people down at the allotments today :-)

Comment

• A week off work

Comment

• Seeing a teeny weeny little flower on one of my alpine strawberries!
                          The seeds were from a couple of very out of date packets and I chucked them onto a sunny boarder next to a wall. Never expected them to germinate!
                          No flowers last year, but I was thrilled to see the first flower today!

Comment

• Reading The Vine with a smile on my face
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Happy am sorting out the garden items,i can see light at the end of the tunnel,and this lovely weather.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• The other day saw worker bee, bumble bee
                                Next day saw a peacock butterfly on my primroses
                                Best of all hearing the curlew who has returned to nest, such a lovely sound to hear through spring and summer
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X