No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realised it's nearly 4.30pm and I can still see outside!
    Days are lengthening

Comment

That I have finished work almost on time today, and still have 10days holiday to look forward to before the end of March.
      As a special reward for being patient, I’ll have more daylight during holiday days too!

Comment

Watching a couple of bumblebees on my winter flowering honeysuckle despite the cold.
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Hearing a big thud on the window and seeing a sparrowhawk hanging upside down by its feet in the shrub beneath.
          Rushed out to see if it was still alive ( no movement at all) it suddenly flapped it's wings and flew off at the speed of sound...WOW!!!!
          Never seen one so close..such a stunning bird and Sooooo pleased it was just concussed
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

poly tunnel has arrived
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

How exciting lottie. I'm very happy for you.

Chilli baby explosion! Lots of them germinated today.

Comment

Finally managed a few much needed house chores today, was flipping hot in the sunshine, that’s another happy
                Nannys make memories

Comment

Today's loaf better than yesterday's.

Comment

This evening a glorious sunset that made the trees and hillsides glow and now, a new moon the size of a fingernail clipping, rising where the sun set earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyK View Post
                      Watching a couple of bumblebees on my winter flowering honeysuckle despite the cold.
                      Ditto today for me

Early bumblebee I think, as it had a brownish bum but was quite small, and buff-tail queens are big ladies
                      Last edited by mothhawk; 09-01-2019, 07:03 PM.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

The bumblebee was here again this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bumblebee resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	2381996

Just look at all that pollen. She's been busy!
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

Catching up with the Vine after a week or so away, and realising spring is coming and it's time to get on with buying potatoes and nudging Chrysanthemum plants into starting to grow.
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            The bumblebee was here again this morning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84829[/ATTACH]

Just look at all that pollen. She's been busy!
                            This might interest you MH and anyone else with early bumblebees.
                            https://www.bumblebeeconservation.or...ve-bumblebees/

Comment

Compiling an email trying to make my chillies and veggie garden (but mostly chillies ) sound good and going through lots of photos to accompany said email.

Comment

about MR,another strict chat ho hum,if he NOT start exersise as recomended,he will end up in a wheelchaire permenant,BINGO,got him one of those pedal exercisers yesterday,my word,he has taken to it like a duck to water,and doing the knee strenthens,all without my naggin,a SAD light yet to be used,and reducing his dep/meds slowly,i am using them,also for arms,it will be 3 years this march since the stroke,i still keep the card and remember all you very nice peeps,that have helped me,where has time gone,things will never be the same,just improved to better us both of us,we are lucky
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X