No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First strawberry of the year, and goosegogs not far behind ;-)

Best of all, I wasn’t the only person at the butchers who had brought their own container
    Last edited by Chestnut; 23-06-2019, 08:32 PM. Reason: Forgot one

Comment

• First strawberries of the year here too chestnut!
      Also...went into the cellar yesterday and thought I'd been joined by a swallow -turned out I'd disturbed a long eared bat
      Not see one here for a few years, so I was really, really chuffed.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I've also tasted my first strawberries of the year.

Recently, my favourite pastime is watching what I also thought were swallows at first, but are in fact bats flying at about 10.00pm. They are amazing to watch. They fly so fast and change direction so quickly.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Just occasionally I surprise myself. Yesterday I decided to dig up the Winter onions and put them to dry. I am very pleased with them, only a few gone to seed, they taste great and are nice and firm. I thought to myself, what a pity I've lost the bag the sets came in and I can't remember what they are. Then at the very end of the row was a little plant label.....Senshyu. Not like me to be so organised! Later in the day I commented to a neighbour that I was pleased with them and he said he was too. Evidently I gave him the last of the bag (with the label).
          If I am losing my memory it's just as well I'm starting to get organised!!!

Comment

• Also enough strawberries for two small dishes ( one for hubby, one for me) for the first time this year.

Comment

• Waking up to find my mini greenhouses bent and toppled over under the weight of being top heavy and unbalanced, but all is well. I was able to save every single plant, not one had broken or snapped, and I swept up the floor reassembled the blowaways and made them secure all before the impeding thunderstorms, or it could have been a sludgy and wet messy disaster

Comment

• Watching and listening to the tremendous thunder and lightning storm last night.
                Sooo exciting!
                Funnily enough it wasn't as windy or heavy rain as the previous one...

Comment

• Combing one of the cats. Going on 17 and starting to look a bit rough about the edges. But still loves a fuss and cuddle.

Comment

• Would have enjoyed a good thunder storm, but luckily for the garden it didn't make it to here.
                    I was very happy 2 weeks ago when I harvest the first small bowls of strawbs. Now we have been eating a big bowl each every other day and have made the first lot of jam. Falling behind, have another 1.5 kg in the fridge from yesterday. Time to dig out the recycled jars from the shed. Going to try a strawberry, honey and herb jam recipe. Have enough strawbs and jars for 3 batches, one each of lavender, thyme and rosemary. try to remember to let you know after the taste test.

If anyone has a tried and loved recipes for strawberries can you post it!?

Happy today, day off work and get to spend it in the garden and kitchen, but first shopping for honey...
                    V.P.
                    The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• The weather! I shall have to drag the shorts out of retirement.

Comment

• started the 4 girls free roaming yesterday,they are very entertaining,today 1 new 1 only got 3 weeks ago,took herself back down the garden to lay in the next box,arn't they are amazing,just thank goodness they not found the main strawberry bed,have had to net around sweetcorn and peas,so pleased i got more,they seem a lot tamer than the first lot,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• My garden, summer has come and it’s looking blooming marvellous
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• First of our new potatoes for supper tonight.
                            Soooo excited

Comment

• Clearing a compost heap to find a decent crop of potatoes amongst the pile

Comment

• An egg - from one of the 3 rescue hens I collected yesterday.
                                What a racket she made!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X