Dr Michael Mosley

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Michael Mosley

I know he wasn’t a gardener but I’ve always felt he was desperate for us all to be aware of our potential health issues.
    Isn't that why most of us have turned to growing our own veg and fruit?
    I have a lot of respect for this guy…
    Not ‘just’ a Dr but a highly aware guy who wanted to encourage us all to be healthy , and at the same time an amazing character who contributed to historical education - and probably many more other subjects- I personally will miss him.
    So sorry he died so young when he had so much more to offer.
    Condolences to his family.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

So very, very sad. If there is anything to be gained from this most unfortunate situation it is this - never assume that because you think you can easily do something (or do it often) there is no need to take sensible precautions. Apparently he left his mobile phone behind. Would things have been different if he had had it with him and perhaps been able to call for help? We will never know.

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Terribly sad. I really liked him, always watched his programmes and have many of his books. I can't help but feel a little cross that he decided to go off for walk, no matter how short, in the middle of the day, in that heat, without triple checking for his phone, lots of water etc, so avoidable. Such a tragic waste. He was one of the good guys. I'll miss learning from him.
      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X