This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
    I now love buying flowers for the wife on Valentines day as I now also see it as purchasing composting materials for my dalek on the Allotment. That Dalek means so much to me.

Happy anniversary to both Bramble and MrB
    Cadalot, how thoughtful and thank you for your anniversary wishes.
    Hope you and Mrs Cad have a lovely day.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
      It's a beautiful mild sunny morning here with a temp of 9 degs.
      Hubby cooking a champagne breakfast to celebrate our engagement anniversary.
      Its 56 years since he popped the question and he is still as romantic as ever.
      Have a good day all and for those making it special, enjoy it.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Have a wonderful day Bramble...sounds wonderful
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• A champagne breakfast sounds wonderful, Bramble. Hope you both have a lovely day.

Comment

• So!.....OK...I asked OH what he would prefer to do...go out or garden....

Thankfully he said garden!

Yipppeeee...we are both doing what we prefer

Most of the frost has gone now -I'll start weeding and cutting back dead stuff wherever the sun is shining

Yesterday I had noticed quite a lot of new growth of bulbs and plants tucked under their covering of dead leaves, so they got tucked back under their duvets once the offending weeds were yanked out.
            Last edited by Nicos; 14-02-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Just seen a brimstone butterfly.
              Neighbour's honey bees keeping the bumbles company.
              OH has moved, temporarily, some of her fuchsias out of GH so I can get in and check my plants.
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Evening all,

Just had a lovely day . Her ladyship took me into the city by train where we had a super tasty birthday lunch. Mind you we were left wondering why we bothered reserving seats as the reservation tickets were ignored by someone whose thinking was " it doesn't make any difference". Well it did to us as we had to puzzle out where we should have been sitting but we didn't make a fuss. Of course by being so considerate we were reinforcing the " it doesn't make a difference " theorem.

No gardening done, no looking after old folks as other family member stepped up to relieve and no cooking or washing up. What's not to like?

back to reality tomorrow

Comment

• Sounds like a wonderful day AP.
                  Sort of wished now we'd gone out for the day now.
                  Don't get me wrong...we achieved loads in the garden, but I ache so much now...and it feels like a 'Typical'hard working day.

Comment

• Good evening, its been very mild today and once again no rain, spent a fair bit of time sorting the ground and getting it ready for the raised bed, and preparing the timber for it, it may not be a surprise to some folk that I don't bother with Valentine's day,but its OHs birthday on Saturday and she suggested that we take the full family out for a meal, when she saw the look on my face she asked what have I booked, and had to tell her that's have booked to her out to a restaurant on Saturday,so she then suggested we take them out on Sunday, I am now wondering if she can afford paying for the two days keep safe and happy. Goodnight
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday The weeks seem to be flying. Bit of frost this morning. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
                        Not looked outside yet ( too dark!), but it feels cold again this morning.
                        Just putting the kettle on ...fancy a brew Flo?
                        Today I need to do a bit of shopping and then hopefully a few more hours in the garden.
                        I picked our first daffs yesterday, they opened in the heat of the house. Lovely to see real flowers in the house again.

Comment

• Really, really hard frost this morning. Due to be even colder tonight. But I won't be here... Off to visit my mum again for a few days. Things to finish before I head off.

Have a great few days, everyone. Catch you when I get back.

Edited to add: If Lumpy comes back while I'm gone, say hello for me.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-02-2019, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Morning it's frosty here hope we get a repeat of yesterday's sunshine, my GH temp reached 28.8c.

Enjoy your visit Snoop
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone, it looks like another sunny day here too
                              Makes such a difference doesn’t it?
                              Have a good day folks
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning, we had a glorious sunrise today, sharp frost, but looks like it's going to be a nice day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X