Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon All. Spent a long night last night getting up off the mattress on the floor several times as mutt had a bad night. I've now come to the conclusion I am too old and unfit to drag my body up off something so low. Problem is I don't want to be spending money on a better solution for obvious reasons, I wont be doing this forever and I have a perfectly good bed upstairs.
    So.....cue plan reuse/recycle. I have 6 Ikea Billy DVD units, each is 2m tall. They are old now and have been used in different ways over the years but I was about to take them to the dump as they are past their best and have screwholes everywhere. I put them on their sides, reinforced and screwed them together and they make a perfect bed base for the slats to sit on. Hopefully tonight I'll be bounding out of bed instead of dragging myself up like Methuselah. All the while this was going on, mutt was very peacefully snoozing his face off, after all, he was awake a lot last night. Huh!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Comment

• ^^^sounds a great plan
      Be funny if when you decide to go bed you find your dog curled up on it, all comfortable n'all!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It's been a funny old day, very hot again this morning, but clouded over by mid-afternoon and it's drizzling now. Still we need some rain, so hope it carries on through the night.

I got some garden tidying done, and measured up trying to find the best place to put the new shed I fancy.... still not sure, though

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Today's breakfast selection on this bright and sunny morning is...
          Watermelon, croissants , muesli and yogurt,artisan bread, dippy eggs and homemade jams or local honey.
          Do please help yourselves.
          Tea, coffee and locally produced organic fruit juices will be served in the garden.

Oh go on Thelma...you know you want/deserve a shed/summerhouse

Anyone else wanting permission to treat themselves to something spesh?...go on...just ask, I'm in a generous mood at the moment

More domestics for me today whilst it's cool, then either a Vide Grenier, jam making or garden pottering...
          Enjoy your day peeps -whatever you do.
          See ya later!

Comment

• Morning, Nicos. Breakfast looks good. And yes, permission requested for an earlyish morning nap. Been far too busy recently and was up very, very late last night. Got up early to water the veg patch. And am now ready for bed again!

Yesterday was a goody. Absolutely fantastic lunch. Guest has offered to treat us to lunch today down by the coast. But I don't think I can face another blow-out today. So passed on that... Not something I'd normally do. So today's plan is to take it easy. Might do a little bit of work just to get some out of the way, but not urgent. All in all, it's a proper Sunday.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all, cloudy and drizzle for the day.
              Definitely rained on Hubby when went on an errand yesterday evening, he was soaking wet when he came back
              Nothing exciting planned for today, chores are on the cards. When aren’t they ?
              Have a great day
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot again here. Have a lovely Sunday Pan's on Nicos so Full English here, but thanks!
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Lovely sunny morning.

Thanks for the offer Nicos but we have just had a full Irish breakfast here.

Off to church and then to the park.
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all,snoop,aint nice when you have 40 winks or more,i highly recomend it,warm out now,nicos,thanks for brekie,must go and find something useful to do,enjoy your afternoon
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Ooooo.....you lot munching your way through BACON ? Mmmmmm...

*drools!

Comment

• Good afternoon,

Just got back from the plot. One of my plot neighbours came and help me weed(and chat) since I have hurt my knee. Back home now to sort tea out for when OH finishes work. Going to make Hunter chicken with peas I've picked from the plot today
                        Carrie

Comment

• You mean to say the peas actually made it home????

OH went to check on our first courgette and the end has started rotting
                          So he picked it and presented it to me as if it was a precious bunch of flowers.
                          All 4cm of it

Comment

• Well I have had a few peas but I did manage to stop myself and bring some home for the OH to eat.
                            Carrie

Comment

• Oops!
                              Posted this on the wrong thread earlier...

OMG!!!!
                              Just been 'given ' 2 baby hedgehogs to bring on.
                              They were wandering about in 30C and no sign of their mom
                              They look to be about 4 weeks old so need some bringing on.
                              One looks very dehydrated
                              We brought 2on successfully a few years ago so fingers crossed these will survive!

They could be descendants of the female we released .
                              Wow!
                              Sooo sweet!

Yeh...and fleas are pinging off them everywhere

*gratte gratte (French for itch itch)
                              Will keep you updated!
                              Hope to get a piccie tomorrow (hopefully not upside down)
                              Last edited by Nicos; 08-07-2019, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• Good evening, out for a walk with my sons dog first thing this morning then church and after that decided to have a lazy day ad we were quite busy all day yesterday, OH sat in the conservatory to watch the tv but I think it was also to keep an eye on me which reminds me, I am always truthful to OH Snoop I just don't tell her all the truth anyway I got my new hose fitted to the wall and what a difference it makes when rewinding, highly recommend, and of course while I was doing that OH had a snooze so I decided to get my chimney down to earth as it was hanging from a tree, I had decided to tie a rope round it before removing it this was to save from landing through the greenhouse which in turn led to the ladder slipping and thankfully I had used a strong rope as it was suspended directly above my head and having an other look at the area I landed on I was very luck not to have been seriously injured or worse, so believe me I have thanked the Lord for sparring me, well I think its about time for bed, though I might take the dog out for a quick walk, so enjoy your week and keep a smile ready. Goodnight
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X