Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, SP, I'm so sorry to read that.

Comment

• Don't give up may the architect can do something (HUG)

Comment

• I hope you can find some clarity on what is holding the planners back from a decision. Speak with your architect, then get a meeting with the planners. Discussing things face to face usually helps.

Best of luck and persistence - these things don't come easy on these isles
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Bob has spoken to the architect. It's definitely a no........but.
          The architect uses a planning consultant when he's having problems with planners so he's sent our plans to him/ her/ them? ( I didn't know they existed ). He's also gone back to planners because they didn't mention the fact we're trying to build on a ruin at all. He's also having another look at the map see if there's a better location. Because we do have quite a large area to choose from thank to the very kind generous land owner. Unfortunately the rest of it's not in the village. But if we get our own home, we'd happily get over that fact.

Comment

• Surely building on a ruin is extremely relevant - the fact that a structure (even though it wasn't a house) stood there previously should make a significant difference to whether you can build a new one there. So if they didn't take that into account, would it be grounds for an appeal?

Comment

• Planning Consultants can be very "persuasive". In one of my past lives I used to deal with planning appeals and planning consultants would often appear to argue the case for the developer, particularly if there was a lot of profit to be made if the development was allowed.
              Its not over yet!

Comment

• I've still got my fingers crossed. If you've got the planning consultants and an option to appeal means you may still have a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Planning Consultants can be very "persuasive". In one of my past lives I used to deal with planning appeals and planning consultants would often appear to argue the case for the developer, particularly if there was a lot of profit to be made if the development was allowed.
                  Its not over yet!
                  That's good to know
                  Thank you

Comment

• https://www.homebuilding.co.uk/plann...ultants-guide/

Comment

• Ok so we've had a couple of days to get our heads round our disappointment ( that's devastation for those not good at reading between the lines ). In all reality it's looking very very doubtful that we'll ever get planning on any of the land that is available to us . Especially when so many points had a no next to them. To give you an idea 8 out of 10 had a no next to them. Yes we could argue a few of them. But when they say no on panaramic qualities, you know you're kinda stuffed.
                      We've not given up completely, but our hopes are no longer rose tinted.

Last night on the interweb a tiny glimmer of hope appeared from a completely different angle!
                      We're going to view a house on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Don't go getting excited. The place is a wreck! What classes as a kitchen is the porch with a sink in it ( less than 2 square meters)!!! In the estate agent write up it say this property is un mortgageable The asking price is our full budget !( always like to make life interesting! ) But it comes with a static caravan, so we'd have somewhere to live while we work on the house. It has a big shed where we can keep all our stuff while working on the house. So no paying for storage or rent, and it's got fantastic views.
                      I think there's been quiet a lot of interest in it. Hoping they were just being nosey or scared off by the state of the place. We've only got till Tuesday lunch time to make an offer!
                      Let's see where this roller coaster takes us.
                      Last edited by Small pumpkin; 14-02-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Nearly forgot........

And still no neighbors

Comment

• Every thing happens for a reason,SP. Sometimes the reason doesn't become clear for a while but I really believe life works like that.
                          Reading between your lines - this "house" comes with enough land for you to continue your dream, would be all yours (including the land) and its a lot easier to get PP for an existing dwelling that it is on undeveloped land.
                          This actually sounds perfect for you both. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed that things work out for you, SP. I'd cross my ears, but they're too far apart.

Comment

• SP is it the colourful cottage with the contrasting carpets and wallpapers? It looks stunning - and perfect for you with that enormous shed! Just needs a few PTs/GHs!
                              Seriously, I do hope you get it.

Comment

• So sorry about the planning decision, I can easily understand how devastated you are.

But squeee on the house option!!! Everything crossed!

And I heartily subscribe to VC's things happen for a reason belief. If it wasn't for ten years of battling infertility, I wouldn't have my two perfect, gorgeous, irrepressible adopted sons, AND I wouldn't be equipped to help them manage their losses. xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X