No announcement yet.

It's a long shot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well we've seen it. All I can say is .......... wow! ( that's not necessarily a good wow )
    As suspected the rooms are small than they look in the photos.
    The condition has deteriorated a little more since photos were taken, but the daffodils are nearly out .
    We now have tonight and all of tomorrow to make a decision.
    I don't hold out much hope if we do put an offer in. 24! have viewed the property. 4 of those are a definite no. Plus there's some more viewing on Monday.

Comment

• Ok question

Where would you put polytunnles and veg patch?
      Boundary is where the trees stop. A lot will have to come down anyway so polytunnels & garden could go anywhere. As VC has already rightly said it's south facing ( with a very little bit of east )

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	2382320

No point me trying to keep it to myself as you've all been for a look anyway

Still no decisions made. I'm just thinking out loud.

Comment

• Alongside the caravan, if it is levelish?

Comment

• I'm going to throw another option into your melting pot.

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/...gn=mitula_feed

A 1.25 acre building plot with planning permission and a stack of Red wood Cedar for building.
          Its oiro £95,000, put a static caravan on site to live in for a while. Get your PTs set up and veg plot organised and build your own house - as you had planned. In the long run, it may work out as cheap as buying and renovating the cottage
          Obviously, I know nothing about the geography of Mull so this plot could be anywhere, and you've probably already considered it and written it off.

Comment

• I'd use that whole green between the house and the static caravan on the right

And if you haven't got a decision, maybe that means something.. ? I think you should feel like you want nothing more than to live in a house than anywhere else. If you haven't got that feeling, I'd keep looking
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I'm going to throw another option into your melting pot.

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/...gn=mitula_feed

A 1.25 acre building plot with planning permission and a stack of Red wood Cedar for building.
              Its oiro £95,000, put a static caravan on site to live in for a while. Get your PTs set up and veg plot organised and build your own house - as you had planned. In the long run, it may work out as cheap as buying and renovating the cottage
              Obviously, I know nothing about the geography of Mull so this plot could be anywhere, and you've probably already considered it and written it off.
              Thanks VC. We didn't know about that one. It's a fantastic offer for someone but not us

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
              I'd use that whole green between the house and the static caravan on the right

And if you haven't got a decision, maybe that means something.. ? I think you should feel like you want nothing more than to live in a house than anywhere else. If you haven't got that feeling, I'd keep looking
              There in lies the problem ( sort of ). The house we love and want more than anything is the one we have to leave sometime over the next 14 months.

Comment

• The house you're in now - what are the plans for it after you leave?

Comment

The house you're in now - what are the plans for it after you leave?
                  They will be selling it. We can't afford it. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets turned into yet another holiday home

Comment

• That's so sad and what a waste of a beautiful garden.
                    How about crowdfunding??

Comment

That's so sad and what a waste of a beautiful garden.
                      How about crowdfunding??
                      Worth a try

Comment

• Could part buy part rent be an option?
                        The owner must know you are reliable etc and they would get a large lump then rent every month till either the whole amount was paid or you get a lump of cash to clear the balance.
                        Failing that tell them that if they can’t give you a price you can afford the infamous gangster Lumpy the Trunk will pay them a visit and ......
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Nice idea lumpy unfortunately they have to sell because of some tax thing changing . All far to complicated for me.

I could be very interested in hiring the infamous gangster lumpy the trunk in the future

Comment

• SP, it's worth asking them the question, as part buy/part rent will mean their investment in the property is much less than it is now, so it might exclude them from the tax issue! Definitely worth asking for tax advice on that one!
                            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• We made an offer on the cottage. We found out today it wasn't excepted.
                              Not surprised really as their was so much interest. They had 9 offers to choose from.

We now move onto plan C

Comment

• It wasn't meant to be, SP .
                                Looking forward to hearing about Plan C.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X