Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishing you good luck..and may all your dreams come true

Comment

What lovely landscape,wish you both all the best,good luck and hope your dreams will come true
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Fingers crossed for you both SP
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Oooh, good luck, SP!

I know less than nothing about this, so no advice to give, but fingers and toes crossed

Comment

Looks fantastic. Can I ask who the "them" and "they" are in this sentence? The architect, the local authority, the species protection body?

We've had a chat with them and they don't see any issues with use building.

Comment

Would it be a timber framed house built in modules off site and erected very quickly? Just wondered because that seems to be the way to go these days.
              The fact you would like to link it to a GC should bode well as small cottage industries help the local economy. I don't think you would get much passing trade though so it would need to possibly be internet based?

Good luck and we expect regular updates with piccies!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

OOOOH , exciting innit . Hope it all falls into place for you.

Comment

Exciting times ahead for you both SP, fingers and everything crossed for you! Keep us in the loop!
                  sigpic

Comment

Have you noticed how SP's project has grown from

"small market garden" (SP)

to Shop (Scarlet)

to Garden Centre. (Snadger).

That's how much confidence we have in you both

Comment

How absolutely fàntastic!
                      I admire your courage...it will work out wonderfully in the end -because of your enthusiasm with everything you do and your very practical approach.
                      Well done...I'm going to watch your progress with great glee
                      Do please keep us updated!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                        Looks fantastic. Can I ask who the "them" and "they" are in this sentence? The architect, the local authority, the species protection body?

We've had a chat with them and they don't see any issues with use building.
                        Them and they are the people that run the SPA. You can't talk to local authorities ( planning) without paying them first. We tried.

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        Would it be a timber framed house built in modules off site and erected very quickly? Just wondered because that seems to be the way to go these days.
                        The fact you would like to link it to a GC should bode well as small cottage industries help the local economy. I don't think you would get much passing trade though so it would need to possibly be internet based?

Good luck and we expect regular updates with piccies!
                        Yeah timber frame is the plan. Get it to wind and water tight. Then we will do the rest ourselves .

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Have you noticed how SP's project has grown from

"small market garden" (SP)

to Shop (Scarlet)

to Garden Centre. (Snadger).

That's how much confidence we have in you both
                        I'd spotted that !!!!

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        How absolutely fàntastic!
                        I admire your courage...it will work out wonderfully in the end -because of your enthusiasm with everything you do and your very practical approach.
                        Well done...I'm going to watch your progress with great glee
                        Do please keep us updated!
                        I will update when ever anything happens. I'm expecting this thread to become my personal rant thread. I'm really hoping it's going to be my personal happy thread.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and choose my kitchen taps

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                          Them and they are the people that run the SPA. You can't talk to local authorities ( planning) without paying them first. We tried.
                          That's excellent news. You may have to adapt your ideas as you go along, but if the SPA doesn't object in principle, then it sounds like the whole thing should be a go-er. The process will inevitably give you headaches along the way, but the end 'product' sounds like a real possibility.

Our problems have been: a downturn in the Spanish economy, which meant our savings got used up on living expenses; and then by the time we'd got the money together, an SPA had been set up, and they do their utmost to deter people from living in the countryside. So our building plans are stymied and we're not very sure how to proceed, other than staying as we are. If you can manage it, do it all at once or as much as possible so that you're not caught out by changing rules or personnel with different ideas.

Very best of luck and best wishes for your new home and business. Looking forward to hearing about your progress. Will you be staying in your current home meanwhile?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            Will you be staying in your current home meanwhile?
                            Well now that's a million dollar question!

I honestly don't know.

Comment

When I wanted planning permission, I had an informal chat with the local planning officer before I had plans drawn up. He was very helpful and told me what they were likely to approve so that I could tweak my plans to fit.
                              Can you do that, SP?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                When I wanted planning permission, I had an informal chat with the local planning officer before I had plans drawn up. He was very helpful and told me what they were likely to approve so that I could tweak my plans to fit.
                                Can you do that, SP?
                                Unfortunately that's not possible VC. When all this first came about and we found out the land had an SPA on it. We phoned the planning office just to ask the very general question " do you ever allow planning on an SPA? ". No location given , no other details at all. They refused point blank to answer! All they said was you have to put in a pre planning application. That's £100 a go !
                                That's why we've gone straight to an architect. Hopefully he knows what the planners are keen on at the moment and can help us jump through all their hoops.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X