This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

It’s one of my cold miserable weather comfort meals.
    In the end, we didn't suffer. The chicken was really good. But, I must get to grips with making faggots. I keep putting it off. I can't get caul here, but if meatballs hold together, I presume faggots would.

Comment

• Well I have never had faggots
      Northern England.

Comment

• Mushroom and veg lasagne with ciabatta brad this evening.

CG used to buy savoury ducks from our local family butcher but sadly when the son retired the shop closed. It was a proper old fashioned butchers that made their own sausages, cooked meats and seemed to sell every bit of the animals.
        Then a friend suggested I try faggots as a replacement, they're not a bad substitute.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Never heard the term savoury ducks Bren. Had to goooogle it.
          Just printed off a recipe!

I was going to make leek and asparagus pie ( filo pastry top) but there’s no way I’m heading off fork in hand down to the bottom of the garden in this rain!
          So, it’s tumble salad tonight featuring avacado , our eggs, and chilled anchovies.
          Trifle for pud
          Last edited by Nicos; 04-04-2024, 08:48 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We had savoury ducks as part of wash day hash on Mondays when my mum was busy

Rest of my home made tea cakes today, fruit and cream after.

Pleased with the lamb, it cut like butter and made terrific gravy. There's enough sliced leftovers for 6 more roast dinners and enough chunks for a curry - truly a £10 bargain!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Neighbour came round yesterday with the best chicken for roasting you can get locally (not a fancy breed, as far as I can tell, but older than the usual chickens and mostly cereal fed but not one of those yellow greasy jobs that seem so popular nowadays and which I can't abide). So, roast chicken again for supper, this time with him. He says he doesn't eat much in the evening, but I know for a fact that isn't the case! Just as well there's leftovers from yesterday's chicken for the freezer. We'll be going round clucking and squawking soon...

Comment

• Curry for one or curry for two, Flo?

Comment

• Tonight baked salmon, new potatoes, peas and sweetcorn.

Bought marscapone and strawberry desserts that happened to be on offer.

Comment

• Onion tart with salad.

Not enough leftover chicken for another proper meal. Barely enough for sandwiches for two, in fact. Maybe the neighbour said he doesn't eat much in the evening as a ready excuse for if he didn't like it.

Edited: not onion tart. Just me for supper, as Mr Snoop is out this evening. Salad yes, though.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-04-2024, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Using up rest of slow cooker tea( chicken thighs, chorizo and charcuterie meats leftover from pizza, lentils, cannellini beans, herbs/spices, veg) . Will change it up adding tomatoes, olives , sundried toms and/or grilled peppers, maybe chilli. Will have with crusty bread.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Burgers on brioche rolls with a side dish of pasta, mushrooms and stilton.

Comment

• I'm going to set the slow cooker off to make the chicken thighs recipe I made last week again

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...chicken-thighs

The only change I intend to make to the recipe is adding some small asparagus towards the end.

Comment

• That looks and sounds lovely gf!

I’ve just made my veggie pie but really am in the mood for meat.

Broccoli and kidney beans with a leek and asparagus sauce poured over and a few chestnuts to add to the texture.
                            Filo pastry ruffles on the top.
                            (Done enough for two nights. )
                            Served with pickled red cabbage
                            The rest of the trifle for pud with yog.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I've saved that recipe now gf.

Pizza. Will.make make the dough later. Worked great on the pizza stone last week.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening Tagliatelle and bol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X