Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ideas for tonight but I'm going to take some prawns out of the freezer and wait for inspiration.

Comment

• I’ve defrosted some lamb steaks, so it’s sweet potato and lemony asparagus .
      (I’m fancying the idea of a bbq now you’ve mentioned it!)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Last night it was a chilli. Two Joe's Long and one small lemon Drop chilli in 500g of meat. Rather dissapointing, Need to go back to proper chillies or add more lemon drops next time.

For tonight Boeuf Bourguignon is in the slow cooker, will serve with mashed spuds. Some of the wine accidentally got spilled (down my neck )
        Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
          For tonight Boeuf Bourguignon is in the slow cooker, will serve with mashed spuds. Some of the wine accidentally got spilled (down my neck )
          Well done your neck for catching it. Much better than your shirt!
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 31-03-2024, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Well done your neck for catching it. Much better than your shirt!
            Down the inside, of course
            Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Curry tonight, may be chinese style one with rice and chips or indian with rice and naan
              Northern England.

Comment

• This already going in the slow cooker. Not bell pepper but courgette. Plus brown par-boiled lentils, not green.
                https://lettucevegout.com/recipes/sw...-lentil-curry/

Comment

• Mushroom curry with rice, naan breads and chutney this evening using Madhur Jaffrey's recipe.

https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/mushroom-curry/
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^If you like that one, Bren, you might like this too: https://www.oohlaloire.com/black-eye...and-mushrooms/

Comment

• Yesterday's prawns ended up in a stir fry with various veg which I served with rice.

I've got some braising steak in the fridge so I think it can go in the slow cooker with some root veg. We might have it with Yorkshire puddings, mash and a green veg or I might break it up when cooked and make it into a pie. I'm fancying pastry right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                        ^If you like that one, Bren, you might like this too: https://www.oohlaloire.com/black-eye...and-mushrooms/
                        Thanks Snoop I've bookmarked there recipe.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Oh yum! ^^^ I’ve kept both of those recipes! Thanks for sharing!

Not sure what we’re having yet. We’ve usually decided by now. I’m sort of fancying a tumble salad but you've put the idea of curry in my head now!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                            Yesterday's prawns ended up in a stir fry with various veg which I served with rice.

I've got some braising steak in the fridge so I think it can go in the slow cooker with some root veg. We might have it with Yorkshire puddings, mash and a green veg or I might break it up when cooked and make it into a pie. I'm fancying pastry right now.
                            All change: Mr GF has put in a request for tomato soup. I'll still cook the braising steak in the slow cooker today and we'll either have it tomorrow or it can be frozen to use later.

Comment

• Cottage Pie and veg. My son in law has brought me a full leg of lamb, so that's another day sorted.
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh Flo, I love roast lamb which is still a bit bloody. (Drool, drool). Mr GF doesn't unfortunately. The last time I bought a whole leg of lamb (on offer) I used my best meat knife, my chopper, and one of Mr GF's hacksaws (with a new blade) to chop and saw it in two and freeze half.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X