Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm torn between seafood risotto or cheese, onion and mushroom quiche. I think quiche is going to win so I better whizz some pastry together in the food processor. We'll have it with salad.

Fruit, hopefully strawberries, and cream. (I'll call in at little Sainsburys and get Mr GF a newspaper at the same time.)

Comment

• Steak with mushrooms, onions and roast potatoes.
      Cheese and crackers with a glass of red.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• We had veggie burger, rice and veg last night.

Tonight, a giant pork loin joint done in the pressure cooker in lots of dried fruit. Lots left over to go in the freezer. Don't know why I don't make this more often, it's so many meals for so little effort. Anyway, that plus veg. Not sure if we'll want pud. If so, yogurt with raspberries for afters.

Comment

• Meatballs, jacket potato and baked beans. I'll be roasting tomatoes while the oven is on.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We'll finish off last night's quiche and salad for lunch.

Tonight, seafood risotto.

Strawberries and cream.

Comment

• Chicken pasta and salad. Couldn't get any strawberries so as I've got some raspberries in the freezer and loads of my own apples, I'm going to make an Apple and Raspberry crumble (experiment to see how it bakes in the air fryer) and custard.
              Last edited by Florence Fennel; 11-09-2023, 10:08 AM.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mixed garden veggie soup followed by courgette and halumi fritters with chips
                stewed apple and blackcurrants for pud with yogurt
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Last night's seafood risotto never happened as Mr GF decided he wasn't hungry at all. In the end I made some tomato soup and when it was nearly ready dropped in the defrosted seafood that would have gone in the risotto.

He managed 1½ bowls full with bread and butter and finished off with strawberries and cream.

Tonight .... no idea yet. Grory hop today.

Comment

• We didn't have last night's supper either. Mr Snoop fancied a re-run of veggie burger, rice and veg. So pork in dried fruit and apple juice tonight.

Ginger cake too. Just have to work out which recipe. Might make two, one for us and one for the freezer.

Comment

• Just defrosting a lasagna to have with a side salad.
                      Fresh pears for pud

Comment

• The crumble didn't make it last night so I'll make it today. Again, don't know what we'll have before it - we've just had a bacon sandwich and that kind of clouds your judgement

Comment

• I’ve bought pork steaks for tomorrow- I just fancy a casserole with them using our apples and last year’s fruit juice with plenty of onions and cream to be served with mashed spuds.

Comment

• Curried carrot and parsnips this evening.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We ended up with Southern fried chicken and salad before the crumble and custard

Soooooooop tonight I think, then tinned pears and ice cream. Up to now anyway ......

Comment

• More of the pork with veg.

Bread.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X