Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This evening Mackerel, Charlottes, mixed lettuce, toms, cucs, radishes, spring onions and anything else I spot in the garden.

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
    Anyone else feel like they are in an episode of Ready steady cook at the moment? When planning meals for the week I start with -what can we make from the following garden produceā€¦..
    MrPots usually says what are we having with courgettes today. I do seem to add them to most things evening last nights Lamb bhuna
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
      Anyone else feel like they are in an episode of Ready steady cook at the moment? When planning meals for the week I start with -what can we make from the following garden produceā€¦..
      Yes, but I've got a sidekick up the valley at the moment who's resisting the courgettes. He's doing supper again tonight. Cauli curry with leeks and green peppers. Intriguing. Last night was broccoli, leeks peppers and mushrooms (not home-grown) in what he said was a Thai spice mix but which we all agreed was just chillis. Bit hot... And the courgettes are piling up... Might do courgette fritters and salad for lunch.

Comment

• Homemade chicken kebabs
        Last edited by Peteyd; 08-09-2021, 02:12 PM.
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Yes, but I've got a sidekick up the valley at the moment who's resisting the courgettes. He's doing supper again tonight. Cauli curry with leeks and green peppers. Intriguing. Last night was broccoli, leeks peppers and mushrooms (not home-grown) in what he said was a Thai spice mix but which we all agreed was just chillis. Bit hot... And the courgettes are piling up... Might do courgette fritters and salad for lunch.
          this is why I only ever grow 2 courgette plants ! Mind you I still have that on the list every week. Tonight is trying to make a dent in the tomato glut with a spag, tomato, rocket and olive dish.
          Last edited by annie8; 08-09-2021, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            This evening Mackerel, Charlottes, mixed lettuce, toms, cucs, radishes, spring onions and anything else I spot in the garden.
            Had a change of plan.

There was a lot of tasty looking Blauhilde beans ready so instead I made a warm salad using Charlottes, beans, toms, spring onions, oregano in a olive oil, white wine vinegar, whole grain mustard dressing.

Comment

• Chicken in Hoisin sauce, stir fried onion, courgettes, peppers, cuke, garlic and ginger with Udon noodles.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• A mixture of left overs , bendy celery and nibbles which were accruing in the fridge.
                Feeling peckish now but will resistā€¦.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Got an idea from your last post Brenā€¦

Tonight Iā€™ll be making hot french beans rolled in a creamy lardon and mushroom sauceserved with buttered crusty bread

Bought strawberries for pud
                  Last edited by Nicos; 09-09-2021, 07:14 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I was just sitting here racking my brains for ideas for tonight when my husband commented that it was time for risotto again. So be it.
                    Prawn, pea and courgette risotto with side dishes of Padron peppers and sweetcorn (which is now at it's best).

Comment

• Liver and onions this evening with mashed potatoes and mushy peas.

Comment

• Definitely courgette fritters and salad for lunch today. (We ended up having poached salmon and peas yesterday.)

greenishfing, quail with grapes are quite nice. Lots of recipes on the web, but you can make it a bit easier. Essentially cook some quail in butter in a frying pan, then add a glass of sherry and a little flour. Remove the quail and add some grape juice and peeled grapes (depipped if necessary) to make a grapey sauce. Nice with plain rice.

Comment

• Lunchtime lotty snack of raw sweetcorn and toms.
                          Tonight - toasted sourdough open sandwich topped with red onion, garlic, courgettes, DFB's, mozzarella, a sprinkle of grated cheddar, frizzled smoked bacon and warmed sungold halves.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Last night was starters of sweetcorn and a dish of Padron peppers. Chicken and runner bean curry with naan.
                            Tonight I don't know yet.

Comment

• Cajun chicken with red onion, courgettes, garlic, cherry toms and sweet peppers. Cuke and beef tom on the side.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Last night fish chips and mushy peas this evening our usual Saturday night Tagliatelle, bol, etc. cooked by MrB.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X