Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of the gammon joint I cooked yesterday with leftover cold couscous and vegetables, potato scallops in beer batter and avocado, feta and tomato salad............I just couldn't resist the yellow stickered avocados (2 for 19 pence) being sold off in the local mini supermarket the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      More of the gammon joint I cooked yesterday with leftover cold couscous and vegetables, potato scallops in beer batter and avocado, feta and tomato salad............I just couldn't resist the yellow stickered avocados (2 for 19 pence) being sold off in the local mini supermarket the other day.
      That sounds delicious... but... Whats a potato Scallop? I'm intrigued, i do love something in beer batter!
      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
      - Henry Beard

Comment

• ^^^Potato scallop (here in Yorkshire) is a slice of potato deep fried in batter. They sell them in fish and chip shops. When I was a child if you couldn't afford a fish you bought a potato scallop. If I make them at home I peel and slice a potato into about ½ centimetre slices and par boil the slices for 5 minutes. I then drain them. I make batter (S.R. flour, salt, pepper and beer), dip the potato slices in the batter and deep fry for a few minutes until crispy and golden. My husband even chooses them over homemade chips.
        Last edited by greenishfing; 10-03-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Lunch: going to try something I've never done before just to see if it really does work (American websites say yes, but that's no guarantee...), frozen fish with a coating of mayonnaise and breadcrumbs, baked in the oven. With salad. Yogurt for afters.
          Supper: lentil soup.

Comment

• Veggie curry, rice with sourdough naan.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lamb and salad wraps with Greek yogurt. I’m just fancying something refreshing. (Pity the weather is calling for stew and dumpling type food )

Clementines for pud
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Chicken wings and brocolli with an apple for afters.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Tonight prawn and vegetable curry and naan bread.

Comment

• Leftover stew for lunch

Chilli and Garlic pasta for tea
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Soup and pudding this evening.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Salmon baked with lemon and capers, potatoes dauphinoise, carrots, peas and homemade tartare sauce.

Comment

• Italian-style open cheese and tomato sandwich, otherwise known as pizza.

Comment

• Cheese and Chutney Sandwich for lunch

Fish and Chip Friday so thats Supper sorted!
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Lamb steaks with green beans and broccoli and sweet potato
                              Followed by caramel, pear and chocolate gateau .
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Really busy with work at the moment, so to avoid eating Mr Snoop's cheese sandwiches (which are thicker with cheese than they are with bread, OK, a bit of an exaggeration but not far off) every day, we're going Italian-style open sandwiches instead for lunch for the next few days. Disgraceful, I know, but needs must. Pizza dough in the fridge, so probably only take five minutes to make, ten to bake and ten to eat!

Lunch: asparagus and mató (like ricotta) pizza, apple for afters.
                                Supper: spicy carrot and apple soup; yogurt for afters.

Mr Snoop is campaigning for rondo bites for some friends. Obviously, we'll have some too...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X