Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started the day with croissants...artisan made so buttery, flakey, and silky smooth inside...mmmm.

And later on...Scallops to start, roasted duck with jacket sweet potatoes, roast spuds and parsnips, our own sprouts , bread sauce and our own peas....followed by Xmas pud and custard....maybe cheese and biscuits later on if I can move!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Today, definitely ravioli for lunch as I want to take some to an Italian friend as a present. Salad before and mandarines after.

Supper: some kind of soup. Split green pea?

Plus bread for us and more biscuits for the same Italian friend.

Comment

• Traditionally we cook far too much on Xmas Day so we can eat a combination of hot and cold leftovers on butties today.
        I really fancied a turkey and stuffing with cranberry and gravy butty for breakfast...but got outvoted

So left overs for us today...yum yum!

Comment

• Leftovers for us too today. Beef, gravy, bubble and squeak. Leftover Christmas pudding and brandy cream.
          Such an easy meal too.

Comment

• Been hiding from the stormy weather outside and doing some batch cooking for the freezer (we both love turkey, so bought a whole one to ensure we had plenty of leftovers!)
            Made a big pot of turkey stock, couple of batches of soup, turkey and pumpkin tagine (which we’ll have for dinner tonight), and a turkey curry.

Comment

• Turkey fricassee ... (With a glass of champagne ☺️)

Comment

• Not sure... The ravioli were good but could have been better. So do I have another run at them while they're fresh in my memory or do I just go for spag bol? Mandarines for afters, whatever.
                Supper: definitely minestrone soup.

Plus the last of the festive biscuits with the dough I didn't use yesterday.

Comment

• Turkey pilau with my remaining precious Kenyan Pilau masala spice mix - only 7 years out of date, but still smells tasty enough

Comment

• Salad stuffed wraps followed by fresh fruit salad. just felt I needed something a bit healthy!

Comment

• Mr Snoop did all the cooking yesterday. Cheese and mango chutney on toast for lunch (yummy) and then some typical Spanish canned bean stew with porky bits (I insisted the really fatty bits be taken out and given to the dogs). So I got off very lightly.

Lunch today: spag bol, baked apple stuffed with prunes for afters.
                      Supper: definitely, definitely minestrone soup.

Bread.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-12-2020, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday I zapped all the remaining beef from the Christmas Day joint in the food processor and a load of veg and made cottage pies topped with mashed potato tomato and grated cheese. We had one and I dropped off a couple of individual ones for elderly relatives.
                        I'm going to bake a gammon joint this afternoon and boulangère potatoes with carrots and beans.

Comment

• Similar idea^^^^ but in a quiche instead! Served with a side salad

Clementines for pud

Comment

• Lunch today: fish and veg.
                            Supper: spiced carrot and apple soup.

Bread rolls. Currently resisting the idea of banana cake.

Comment

• More of yesterday's baked ham, a big salad with homemade mayonnaise and a few chips.

Comment

• Creamy duck and mushroom pasta served with a side salad.
                                Baked fruit salad ( warm orange, banana, coconut, butter and ginger) served with custard for pud.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X