Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today feels like a slow cooker kind of day. We have Slow cooked beef short ribs, Mash potato and probably some roasted broccoli.

We needed to make some room in the freezer ready for our Christmas food delivery so tried to find something big to use up
    Last edited by Peteyd; 17-12-2020, 08:18 AM.
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Celebratory lunch as friend up the valley is heading back to the UK. Not sure when we'll see him again given current circumstances. So, going to town a bit. Looking forward to a few days off the rich food though. Too full yesterday for even green soup. So:

Lunch: rabbit ragù with homemade pappardelle, walnut and chestnut honey tart (Rick Stein recipe) for afters. I made that once, ooh, 15 years ago and have never forgotten it. Yummy. The recipe book is still packed away somewhere so here's a link for anyone interested. Agree with the amounts as Stein's original had far too much filling.
      O YES CHAMPAGNE!!: Walnut Tart / Tart au Noix

Supper: can't imagine we'll want anything.

Comment

• Back to basics for me....Corned beef hash served with our own beetroot.

clementines for pud
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Slow cooker burbling away here too. Stew cooking away and Yorkshire pudding batter mixed and resting in the fridge. I just love Yorkshire pudding, so I'm going to make a couple of biggish ones in loaf tins.

Comment

• Lunch: aubergine parmigiana, mince pies for afters.
            Supper: the green soup I didn't make the other day.

Plus bread.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 18-12-2020, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Tonight, more of yesterdays stew but with dumplings, mashed potato, and sprouts.

Comment

• Creamy tarragon turkey with winter mash and broccoli

Followed by grapes.... ...grapes...not Grapes

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Creamy tarragon turkey with winter mash and broccoli

Followed by grapes.... ...grapes...not Grapes
                  What is winter mash?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

What is winter mash?
                    It's something I made when my kids were tiny to make sure they ate lots of veg....basically mashed spuds, but mashed and creamed with a variety of veg of your choice.
                    My typical one is spuds, carrots and onion all cooked together in water and then mashed.The onion really brings out the flavour to a different level.

Tis lovely with sweet potato, celeriac, parsnip...anything Mashable ....

Comment

• Lots of leftovers today. Hooray.

Lunch: fall-off-the-bone rabbit with leftover aubergine parmigiana, mandarines for afters.

Supper: lentil soup.

The lentil soup is also leftovers as I didn't fancy green soup when it came to it. Lentil soup is so easy to make. A lot less chopping and so on. But I must make it today. So the extras today are green soup, walnut bread and maybe some biscuits.

Comment

• Baked cauli with sesame seeds , chopped cabbage ( own) with lardons and apple purée

maybe a pineapple for pud.

Comment

• Lunch should be good today (yesterday's got the thumb's-up from Mr Snoop too):
                          Chicken thighs in honey and cardamom with spiced figs and bulgur wheat.
                          The original recipe is with quail, so would be much better but quail are a ridiculous price. So chicken thighs it is.
                          Mandarines for pud, as I'll have cooked myself out doing the main course.

Supper: lentil soup (a bit of a come-down, but there you go).

Comment

• Roast guinea fowl with jacket spuds and roasted squash

Clementines for pud...and a few chocolate no doubt!

Comment

• Yesterday I took the leftover stew for one of the in-laws, and then made chicken curry for us. We had it with naan. I made extra curry so I can take the extra portion of that for a friend of my husband's who lives alone.
                              Tonight will be smoked cod baked in milk for my husband, lamb steak, mint jelly and gravy for me, potatoes dauphinoise or boulangère (not decided yet, I'll check what cream I've got), carrots, beans and sprouts.

Comment

• OK, so today's offerings:

Lunch: sausage and apple casserole with Yorkshire puds and green beans I think.
                                Supper: green soup

Plus, turrón biscuits for gifts and some sausage ragù to go in the freezer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X