Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast chicken dinner, all veg homegrown ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
      Not decided yet what's on tonight's menu, but just had a chip buttie .... it seems absolutey yonks since the last one.
      Mixture of spuds from the "use first" pile to make the oven chips and home made bread. Perfect
      Mr B, please can I have your recipe for home made oven chips?

Comment

Originally posted by Chestnut View Post

Mr B, please can I have your recipe for home made oven chips?
        Place the chipped spuds on a lightly oiled baking sheet and cook for about 30 mins at 180c (that's in my fan oven). Pays to check them at about 20 mins and turn if needed. Some potatoes are done/golden before 30 mins.
        If you prefer a more evenly cooked chip you can shake them in a bag with a splash of oil before placing on the baking sheet.
        Try to keep them from touching so the air gets round them.
        Works the same for wedges too but leave the skins on.
        Enjoy
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

^^ yum!

Beef steak , chips and cavelo nero in a creamy peppered sauce

rhubarb and blackcurrant Bakewell tart for pud with ice cream.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yesterday didn't go quite as planned, but today must, as D coming for his last Sunday supper before going to his parents in Italy. Bit odd that we should be having what we're having, but he loves spaghetti so:

Spag bol (didn't make the ragù yesteday, so about to get that going now; fresh spag to be made just beforehand).
            Lemon meringue roulade

Also crackers for nibbles beforehand. Food plenty enough not to need a starter, I think. Should really have something veg based but don't want to get to afters and find we're too full of salad and spag to manage it. We'll have a big salad for lunch and for one day, I think we'll survive.

Comment

I got a couple of chicken legs out of the freezer and have being trying to decide what to have with them. Eventually I've decided on a little Yorkshire pudding, mashed potato, carrots, peas and gravy.
              The rest of the apple, blueberry and strawberry crumble leftover from yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post

Place the chipped spuds on a lightly oiled baking sheet and cook for about 30 mins at 180c (that's in my fan oven). Pays to check them at about 20 mins and turn if needed. Some potatoes are done/golden before 30 mins.
                If you prefer a more evenly cooked chip you can shake them in a bag with a splash of oil before placing on the baking sheet.
                Try to keep them from touching so the air gets round them.
                Works the same for wedges too but leave the skins on.
                Enjoy
                Super, thank you! Dug up 2 rows of spuds today, and OH loves oven chips:-)

Comment

A chicken chard and mushroom hotpot with leftovers from yesterday’s roast.

Comment

Last night, ratatouille topped with grated cheddar and fresh basil, boiled baby spuds on the side and sliced sourdough to mop up the juices.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Lunch: fish with veg.
                      Supper: toasted muffins with cheese.

Bread of some variety. Maybe just a straight sourdough white.

Comment

Tumble salad using up loads of hard boiled quail eggs...maybe some tinned fish with it....

Comment

Due to my husband now insisting on his favourite meal twice a week that's what we're having: king prawn curry and naan bread. Little does he know it but it's also one of my favourites.

Comment

Leftover ratatouille last night, with breaded courgette goujons, stuffed peppers and fried baby spuds.
                            Last edited by Mr Bones; 28-07-2020, 05:32 AM. Reason: Forgot about the taters.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Bread yesterday was such a disaster I didn't even bake it. The dough is in the fridge. It was like a bag of slow worms when I tried to form it. Never had this before. Maybe it's because the kitchen was really warm yesterday. With any luck, I'll be able to turn it into fried naan or the like.

Lunch: hummus and salad.
                              Supper: cod croquettes I think. Probably more salad.
                              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-07-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Fresh salmon with our charlotte potatoes and a side salad

oranges for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X