Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curry night tonight. Chestnut mushrooms and lentil dhal with shredded raw cabbage, chopped spring onions and a sprinkling of lime juice, wrapped in hm chapattis.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Scampi, potato scallops in beer batter, carrots and peas. I was going to make tartare sauce but fancy rose marie sauce instead so gherkins, parsley and capers put away and tomato puree, brandy and paprika came out.
      Strawberries and cream or ice cream.

Comment

• Chicken curry tonight with basmati rice and added veg on the side.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Brunch: oatcakes, bacon and homemade baked beans, fried egg for Mr Snoop. Got Bren to thank for the oatcakes recipe.
          Supper: something with chicken. I'll know what it is nearer the time. For now, no idea.

Also, a trial run on some chocolate mini muffins. Want to make some as a gift, and as it's a new recipe to me, I thought I'd better make sure I get it right. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Also some kind of cookies for the freezer. Got mothhawk to thank for recommending the biscuit and cookies book. Oh, and smallblueplanet for the muffins recipe, as that's from a website recommended for its sourdough method.

Comment

• Tonight will be salmon baked with lemon and capers, potato gratin, carrots and french beans.
            Still got some of the strawberries left that I picked yesterday so they'll get finished off too.

Comment

• Yesterday I made a salmon and spicy pilchard quiche so we'll be having that with a tumble salad ( no doubt containing eggs!)
              fresh raspberries for pud
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Chicken mushroom and garlic stew, with homegrown shallots and courgettes thrown in, and mangetout/broad beans on the side

Comment

• Lunch: sandwiches for sure.
                  Supper: courgettes cooked in tomato sauce with salt cod steamed on top, with some rice. One of my favourites.

Also, chocolate mini muffins. Didn't make any yesterday, it was just too hot. So no trial run for the gift today. So they'd better work... Plus the apricot and walnut cookies I didn't make yesterday.

Comment

• Cold leftover curry at lunch yesterday (sounds yuk but it's really nice), later had oven roasted aubergines with garlic, chilli and soft goats cheese, boiled Charlottes, carrot sticks and shredded radicchio with sea salt and lemon juice.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Spicy lentil burgers with garden salad tonight.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday was an African chicken tagine type dish with rice and chapati .

Tonight leftovers made into a pasta bake or lasagne dish with homegrown salad
                        Northern England.

Comment

• A very simple one tonight...pasta with pesto and grated cheese with a side salad.

Fresh raspberries for pud
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Pork steak, mushrooms, onions and roasties.
                            Strawberries and raspberries with cream.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Discovered that the potatoes Mr Snoop bought are fancy French jobs (Princess Amandine). So yesterday turned into salmon, potatoes and veg. So

Lunch: more sandwiches
                              Supper: what we should have had yesterday

Plus a sourdough loaf and something sweet for the freezer.

Comment

• Lentil curry again last night, with spiced fried potatoes, shredded cabbage and flatbreads.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X