Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful, Roitelet. Lovely pictures! I've never seen an adder except behind glass, I'm jealous.
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Stunning purple emperor butterfly.

Thanks to Mr PP for the photo as the butterfly spent about ten minutes on my hand
      Attached Files
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• One welcome, two unwelcome guests [ATTACH=CONFIG]57070[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57071[/ATTACH]
        Attached Files
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Some amazing wildlife photos posted here today. Thank you all - I love seeing them

Comment

• I'm so jealous, PP, I've never seen a Purple Emperor except in a glass-fronted box.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Some amazing wildlife photos posted here today. Thank you all - I love seeing them
              I know, they are brilliant. It's not often I'm jealous twice in one day!

Comment

• That little fox cub is just sooo cute! Love all these photos...fab!
                sigpic

Comment

• Who gives a damn if you don't catch owt when a proud mum pays you a visit:

Attached Files
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                    Terrifying beastie on the morning glory this morning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57012[/ATTACH]

An assassin bug, Rhinocoris iracundus I think.
                    You get all the good stuff.
                    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• One for Martin, I noticed this little Scarlet Tiger Moth this morning;

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bigmallly; 09-07-2015, 12:20 PM.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        One for Martin, I noticed this little fella this morning;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57384[/ATTACH]
                        I'm pretty sure it's a scarlet tiger. If you could just ask it to open its wings we could be sure...

Comment

• I had an exciting visitor to my allotment, an enormous Irish hare....sadly by the time I got my camera out it had bounded off.
                          Here's a speckled wood butterfly, which I found sunning itself on my garlic
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Had a lot of cinnabar moths about lately but every time I have my camera ready I can't find any. However, I got a bit of a shock last night when I went to move the pepper plant foliage to water and almost put my hand on this elephant hawk moth.

Attached Files

Comment

• Brilliant NG - I tripped over a caterpillar but never saw the moth

I think this is a map butterfly?

Attached Files
                              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                                Brilliant NG - I tripped over a caterpillar but never saw the moth

I think this is a map butterfly?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57547[/ATTACH]
                                Yes, I think so too.

I remember reading of attempts to introduce this butterfly to the UK, back in the day when it wasn't forbidden to do such things. It ought to be fine over here, with its foodplant being the stinging nettle, but it didn't thrive for whatever reason.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X