Attached Files

Comment

• Lovely photos Meteor, if we had one if them I wouldn't get any work done
      Fascinating
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by meteor View Post
        It gets rather congested in the morning and Cyril becomes suspicious
        I reckon it's the noise made by those yellowhammers that scare Cyril off bud
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Cyril shares his breakfast with friends, another squirrel and a great tit, taken by a second camera, sorry about the quality
          Attached Files

Comment

• Fabulous pictures Meteor!
            The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• Unfortunately no photo but the nightjar is back. For those who want a memory jog it is the one that sounds like you are trying to tune an old dial radio

Comment

• We ran out of peanuts a couple of weeks ago and bought some fat balls containing a mixture of seeds.

Anyway- my OH has just called me over to see the bird feeder cos there is an unusual bird there. Not recalled seeing it before- so I googled it.

It's a female siskin.

didn't manage to get a photo, but I thought you might like to see a piccie of one...they are tiny finches- smaller than some of the bluetits feeding at the same feeding station!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Wow what a fab photo Nicos. We have siskins here too but they only turn up occasionally.
                  The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• Spring must be in the air.

For those who don't have a magnifying glass handy. It's pheasant fighting. Original photos look quite good
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I can't see owt SP................
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                        Unfortunately no photo but the nightjar is back. For those who want a memory jog it is the one that sounds like you are trying to tune an old dial radio
                        Ok I was a bit to eager, it is not back. We have however got last years 3 peewits plus another 2. I will try and take a pic but I doubt it will be very good as they are usually quite a way from the house

Comment

• I tried the camera out for the first time last night, I must have done something wrong with the time settings as it turned off at midnight. I got plenty of nothing photos and just the one with a creature, better luck tonight:

Attached Files
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                            Ok I was a bit to eager, it is not back. We have however got last years 3 peewits plus another 2. I will try and take a pic but I doubt it will be very good as they are usually quite a way from the house
                            I thought it was a touch early for returning Nightjars But seeing as how you're further south than me I thought that perhaps they DO get to your area earlier

When we lived in a farm cottage in the middle of nowhere (it was sheer heaven to me!) we always knew Spring was on it's way once the Lapwings started their crazy calling and flights over the fields around us
                            If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• A couple of pics from the allotment today ~ another Honey Bee on the pulmonaria and a Tachypodoiulus niger (aka which I found in the polytunnel and moved to the less-dry compost heap after I took it's pic! Did you know there are around 65 different types of Millipede in the UK? No? Me neither till I googled it!

In the course of pottering around I also saw a small Ground Beetle scurry across the fruit bed soil, various 'bluebottle' flies in the tunnel and on the daffodils, a Hoverfly on the comfrey patch and a Wolf Spider in the raised bed area...and my neighbour had a Bumble Bee sunning herself on his plot. All lovely signs after this terrible wet and dismal winter. Spring is on it;s way and soon we'll be rejoicing the return of the Swifts and Swallows and Chiffchaff singing from every treetop
                              Attached Files
                              If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Siskin update...
                                She came back...with her boyfriend!
                                And boy they don't half peck at and flap their wings at the great tits!

Oh...and yesterday, near the coast , we heard a skylark singing it's little head off

Isn't Spring lovely?
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X