X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Bones!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Great photo MrB I've not seen a swarm in real life.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• A shot for the local paper Mr Bones?
        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• I love seeing the sheer number of bees that a garden designed around them can attract. It’s fascinating to see the different types we regularly get. Currently at the front the nepeta, astrantia and lupins are attracting loads of bees and we have bumblebees nesting in the soffits so they don’t have to go far to get a meal. Yesterday was red tailed, tree bumblebees and white tailed/ buff tailed (can’t tell which). The carder bees seem to particularly like my rasps at the back. Get less honeybees but still a few.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Spot the fox. Was having fun in my border. Had two of them in the garden last night. Think they were young ones. Click image for larger version

Name:	84CB1BE0-89C6-48F0-889B-2E47CB2E33E0.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	337.2 KB
ID:	2547648

Comment

• This happens as soon as we water the lavender. Only do it to attract insects! Didn't realise they had stripey antennae.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220620_175922.jpg Views:	2 Size:	672.0 KB ID:	2547775
              Last edited by quanglewangle; 20-06-2022, 07:06 PM. Reason: Small phone, big fingers
              I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Tadpoles with legs - some have already lost their tail and are hopping round the plot

Click image for larger version

Name:	Taddies.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	379.2 KB
ID:	2547860
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Those always put a grin on my face Bones. Lovely piccie!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hummingbird Hawk Moth. Sorry about poor pic. Good as modern phones are, there are limits. Look carefully on left and you can just see its proboscis dipping into the lavender flower. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220622_113326.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	2547883

Comment

• A butterfly sitting on my marigold flower

Name:	56A774BE-4D3E-4EE2-AFA6-ACC63F4B5570.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	2547894

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                        A butterfly sitting on my marigold flower
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	56A774BE-4D3E-4EE2-AFA6-ACC63F4B5570.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	293.1 KB ID:	2547894
                        Small tortoiseshell? Ventral views are seldom shown in "what butterfly" books.
                        Last edited by quanglewangle; 22-06-2022, 07:04 PM. Reason: Added second sentence

Comment

• I think it was Q,I usually see them or the peacock butterflies here

Comment

• Marbled white, its a bit blurry, darn thing wouldn't settle, though I stood and watched it for ages. Apparently, though it's white, it's actually categorised as a brown butterfly. A first for me, never seen one before.

Name:	marbled white.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	2547925
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Very pretty MH. Never seen one either!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Me neither. Looks like we don’t get them this far north.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X