This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
    I grew Jalapeno M this year and that for me was totally heatless and therefore , to me totally pointless lol.
    was devastated all those chillis had no heat whatsoever.
    If id wanted heatless, id have bought pepper seeds.
    I kind of thought that too, at least with some chilli's that heat and little taste.
    On the other hand, habanero's taste really nice and fruity but just too hot, for me anyhow!
    I'm also trying the trinidad perfume, never grown them before and really looking forward to trying them
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifesBrassicas View Post
      I kind of thought that too, at least with some chilli's that heat and little taste.
      On the other hand, habanero's taste really nice and fruity but just too hot, for me anyhow!
      I'm also trying the trinidad perfume, never grown them before and really looking forward to trying them
      I grew the pink habanero this year it's got a lot less heat than normal habs. Still got the lovely hab flavour.
      I'm grow it again.

Comment

Does anybody grow any of the more fragrant heatless chilli's such as trinidad perfume, Habanada and Aji Dulce #2?
        Anybody have any preference when it comes to taste
        I haven’t tried any of those (yet?) but this year I have grown some low-heat baccatums:
        Champion
        White Fantasy
        Sugar Rush Red
        Brazilian Pumpkin

Not sure the Sugar Rush Red was true to type so might try that again if I can source some more seeds but i’m not planning to grow this others again. They were nice enough in stir fries etc but, like Jack, I want some heat from my chillies. Having said that, I might try a sweet pepper but at least I know not to expect any heat from those.
        Last edited by Mitzi; 23-12-2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
          I haven’t tried any of those (yet?) but this year I have grown some low-heat baccatums:
          Champion
          White Fantasy
          Sugar Rush Red
          Brazilian Pumpkin

Not sure the Sugar Rush Red was true to type so might try that again if I can source some more seeds but i’m not planning to grow this others again. They were nice enough in stir fries etc but, like Jack, I want some heat from my chillies. Having said that, I might try a sweet pepper but at least I know not to expect any heat from those.
          What did you think about the whit fantasy?
          nice taste/heat balance?
          sigpic

Comment

What did you think about the whit fantasy?
            nice taste/heat balance?
            Well first of all, it takes ages to ripen and it is extremely difficult to tell when they are ripe. They turn a bit yellow when ripe. Pick them even slightly under-ripe and they are tasteless and heatless. When ripe they still don’t have much taste and only the top/central part has heat. Basically I wasn’t impressed.

They make a pretty powder though, i’ve layered it with a red one in jars for Christmas presents.
            Last edited by Mitzi; 25-12-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
              Just the 32 varieties for next season.................so far
              34 now I got chilli seeds for Christmas
              White bhut jolokia & Krakatoa

Comment

• Lucky you SP! I got chocolates from my boys who know that I rarely eat chocolates....it's back up for when they run out of theirs!!!

I'm going to start a follow on thread for 2019...

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1634213
                Last edited by Scarlet; 26-12-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X