This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
    My own opinion "Monkey Boy" but you are getting far too late in the season to expect a return from little plants! They do take an age!
    Yup I figured that but since it's the first time I've ever grown anything, I thought I'd better ask. I'll be more prepared next year!

Comment

• It's all a learning curve "MB"
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Hey monkey boy, Hartlepool or Morriston ?
        second what deano says, ive got a black naga in the gh that just hasnt rocked this year and it was sewn in january, no idea why it didnt play but fruits are tiny, cest la vie

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
          Hey monkey boy, Hartlepool or Morriston ?
          second what deano says, ive got a black naga in the gh that just hasnt rocked this year and it was sewn in january, no idea why it didnt play but fruits are tiny, cest la vie
          Birmingham/Solihull.

I'm guessing chilli peppers like warm environments like greenhouses rather than the great British outdoor weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
            Birmingham/Solihull.

I'm guessing chilli peppers like warm environments like greenhouses rather than the great British outdoor weather.
            Hi monkeyboy welcome to the vine.
            And the slippery slope of chilli growing addiction!
            I'd never put any chillies outside (specially due to my location). They will be much happier in a greenhouse or polytunnel .
            I may of missed it in your previous posts, what variety are you growing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
              I may of missed it in your previous posts, what variety are you growing?
              Swmbo picked up this packet from homebase:

https://www.homebase.co.uk/peppers-c...-seeds_p472883

No idea which seed pack she gave me!

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                Hey monkey boy, Hartlepool or Morriston ?
                Black Naga is very slow Jack. I had a fantastic crop on a second year one. It overwintered beautifully. Didn't drop many leaves.

Comment

• Yes, but i mean the fruits are tiny, last year i only had half a dozen or so fruits , but they were a tidy size, this years are current tom size, tiny little things .

Comment

• I brought all my chillies in last year - then promptly forgot all about them. Four of them miraculously survived and definitely produced fruit earlier than everything else. Then again everything else was sown pretty late. I'm sure I was just lucky - I wing it and am surprised if it works

Deano - your Nigel's Outdoors has been my best producer aside from the overwintered lemon drops. Lovely chillies too

Comment

• Lemon Drop loves to be overwintered and thrives the following years with tonnes of fruit...
                      I am still thinking thru my plans for overwintering this year as I introduced greenfly to this year's new plants from overwintered plants...
                      I know to expect greenfly but has been a battle this year due to that...
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

• Must try to post some pics again soon but here's a verbal update

Ohnivec which I was very impressed with last year has delivered again this year..This is such a nice plant to look at too so is now on my yearly grow list...
                        Act Sivri, Bangalore Whippets Tale have been very impressive too with loads of fruits and are again really nice to look at.

Long Green Buddha is one I am saving from and they are fine big plants with fruits slow to appear..
                        Teja is one I should have saved seed from but will do next year...A lovely tasting chilli and really suited to certain dishes (like an omelette) due to its distinct (to me anyway!) peppery taste..

Jalapenos were okay but got hit by greenfly but Orange Jalapeno hung in there and fruits are very attractive looking

more updates to follow
                        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by vixylix View Post

Deano - your Nigel's Outdoors has been my best producer aside from the overwintered lemon drops. Lovely chillies too
                          And there's me thinking I had just been
                          Struck Lucky! Not tasted one yet! But seems I need to!
                          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Jamaican MoA Yellow Scotch Bonnet
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20170908_121145.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2374910

Elysium Oxide F7

Name:	20170908_121230.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	2374911

Pot Black with some pods ripening from Black to Red

Name:	20170908_121252.jpg
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2374912

Comment

• Do we do any pruning in the autumn?

Comment

• Lovely looking chillis there Chris

If you intend to overwinter them, Bernie yes. Theres a few very good videos on yoohootoob, easier to watch them
                                Last edited by jackarmy; 08-09-2017, 06:14 PM. Reason: spalling :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X