This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I can send you a pod if you fancy giving it a go
    No thanks, SP. Having just read these chillies are more powerful than military grade pepper spray is enough to have me reaching for ice cream. Moruga is the hottest I've gone to and even that was only on the promise of hard cash if swallowed in it's entirety Not pleasant as I recall. I did try one time a lethal capsicum paste(?) called Psycho Serum (am I allowed to put that)? ..it has the colour and texture of marmite but you definitely don't want this stuff on your morning toast Fun for a bet in tiny amounts but no practical use that I could see, it's just way too strong.

someone needs to come up with a clever name for a vine / chilli / mull outing
    Vix, how about The Grape Escape (stumped on the chilli reference though)

Comment

• Good effort Philthy, I like it! How about the Chilly Grape Escape (presume it will be cold in Mull after all)

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
        Deano Deano
        Just tried to PM you. Your in box is full and won't expect any more messages.
        There ya go SP, cleared a little now so should be fine!
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Another little harvest

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	2374871

Comment

• I managed to overwinter my ghost chilli for its second winter but just after it started to burst into life again it just died. The habenero managed to survive but are only just producing fruit now. The other shop bought one's have done really well. I'm wondering if it worth over wintering or starting from scratch next year
            Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• I'm with you there Bal. I'm not convinced over wintering is a big advantage.
              My only problem is I get so attached to some of my plants I always try and generally fail.

Comment

• Like you i can't just dump the poor things at the end of the season. They will come in and I will spend the winter mollycoddling them and then they will die in the spring. Hey ho
                Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  I'm with you there Bal. I'm not convinced over wintering is a big advantage.
                  My only problem is I get so attached to some of my plants I always try and generally fail.
                  Originally posted by Bal View Post
                  Like you i can't just dump the poor things at the end of the season. They will come in and I will spend the winter mollycoddling them and then they will die in the spring. Hey ho
                  I think it is q big advantage if you don't have lights. Those first few months when nothing moves as you don't have any additional light makes a huge difference (IMO). Several varieties have given me doubl th harvest in their second year.. But I think you really need to choose well

Comment

• Me in a Basque

You wish lol.
                    How about a plate of basque chillis, beautiful chunky chilli with a kick, isolated and seeds collected so awaiting orders .

Name:	IMG_20170907_071031.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	2374888

Btw , tom in middle is average sized salad tom for size idea.
                    Last edited by jackarmy; 07-09-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I think it is q big advantage if you don't have lights. Those first few months when nothing moves as you don't have any additional light makes a huge difference (IMO). Several varieties have given me doubl th harvest in their second year.. But I think you really need to choose well
                      To be fair my experience has only been one year of over wintering. That was my chocolate habanero & ghost chilli. They took a long time to get going again at the start of the season. And definitely haven't produced as well as in their first year. There's a fairly high chance I've done something wrong.

Comment

• Same here really, it being my first attempt with a Dorset Naga last year which really didn't amount to much, but to be fair all I really did was hack it back, bunged it on the window bottom and left it to it's own devices, but I'm gunna give it another bash with the "Nigel's Outdoor" this year but with a little more TLC to see if that makes any difference.
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Hwd you grt on with the Nigels outdoors Deano ?
                          mine were in mfbs and did pretty well but didnt get to any huge size, bout 2 foot tall at a guesstimate .

Comment

• I thought I'd post this here rather than opening a new thread.

In June, we bought some chilli pepper seeds from homebase. We planted some outdoors in a couple of small pots sitting on a grow bag, along with a tomato plant. We planted some indoors into a couple of small pots sitting on the south-facing window sill.

The tomato plant has grown well. The pepper seeds have germinated and grown about 2 inches and stopped. The ones indoors have grown to about 18" tall, flowered and now developing into peppers.

Is it worth bringing the small ones in now to try to catch up or is it too late?
                            Is it worth taking the indoor ones out into a raised bed or should I leave them indoors?

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                              Hwd you grt on with the Nigels outdoors Deano ?
                              mine were in mfbs and did pretty well but didnt get to any huge size, bout 2 foot tall at a guesstimate .
                              Jack! To be perfectly honest, the best chilli plant I have ever grown!

Name:	IMG_2634 (2).jpg
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	2374891

And not a single blemish on it!

Name:	IMG_2636 (2).jpg
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	2374892

Just wish I had the incline to support it early days, and now have had to to support the weight of the fruit which doesn't make for an attractive plant!

Name:	IMG_2643 (2).jpg
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	2374893

Had no less than 10 fruits already and at last count 32 pods on this one plant alone!

Lesson Learnt!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
                                I thought I'd post this here rather than opening a new thread.

In June, we bought some chilli pepper seeds from homebase. We planted some outdoors in a couple of small pots sitting on a grow bag, along with a tomato plant. We planted some indoors into a couple of small pots sitting on the south-facing window sill.

The tomato plant has grown well. The pepper seeds have germinated and grown about 2 inches and stopped. The ones indoors have grown to about 18" tall, flowered and now developing into peppers.

Is it worth bringing the small ones in now to try to catch up or is it too late?
                                Is it worth taking the indoor ones out into a raised bed or should I leave them indoors?
                                My own opinion "Monkey Boy" but you are getting far too late in the season to expect a return from little plants! They do take an age!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X