Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just so someone is thoroughly warned. Please meet 'Marlene'. (Also note she is only in a flower bucket).

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0115.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	2375538 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0116.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	2375539 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0122.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	2375540

Comment

• Well i would say Marlene is happy in her flower bucket.

Comment

• Well 2017 chilli year is officially over for me. All plants cut down and harvested. Apart from the 3 I'm attempting to overwinter. 2 of those have been pruned and harvested.
        I've been a bit of a nerd this year and weighed everything I've picked.
        Now In a little bit of shock because I've just added it all up.
        36.9kg
        From 43 plants

Think I'm going to try for a kg per plant next year
        I've obviously been carrying a few slackers this year

Comment

• I have learned that my chilli obsession my be getting a little out of hand!
          I have the winter to decide if I need to curb my enthusiasm or try to turn it into a business
          Think I'm going to try for a kg per plant next year
          Let me know when you open

Comment

• I have saved "Nigel" to overwinter this year, he as been so prolific and as been at home now a good few weeks, and is clearly liking it, besides the 15 or so pods left on him, which are all now just about ripe, he is full of new flower n doesn't seem to want to stop!

I'll get ya a picture tomorrow!

But I will have to stop him at some point to bed him for next year!

My "Lemon Drop" didn't amount to much, which I was hoping to save, as they say the second year, these babies just "Run away"

One is better than none!

But will defoe be "Re-grouping" for next year!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Philthy View Post
              Let me know when you open
              Will do

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                I have saved "Nigel" to overwinter this year, he as been so prolific and as been at home now a good few weeks, and is clearly liking it, besides the 15 or so pods left on him, which are all now just about ripe, he is full of new flower n doesn't seem to want to stop!

I'll get ya a picture tomorrow!

But I will have to stop him at some point to bed him for next year!

My "Lemon Drop" didn't amount to much, which I was hoping to save, as they say the second year, these babies just "Run away"

One is better than none!

But will defoe be "Re-grouping" for next year!
                Yep Deano it's true..If you get Lemon Drop thru to a second season, it's an abundance...
                I know believe me..
                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                sigpic

Comment

• I'm (attempting) to grow a Carolina Reaper plant. It's had a hard life suffering with a bit of a cold, windy spell. I've managed to convince all that it looks nice in the corner of a well lit room, so its made the move indoors. it seems to be happy now with some new, lush growth.

Do I need to do anything with it to allow it to carry on or can I leave it to its own devices?

I'm a bit reluctant to do too much to it if i can avoid it as I'm not sure how strong it is..
                  "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
                    I'm (attempting) to grow a Carolina Reaper plant. It's had a hard life suffering with a bit of a cold, windy spell. I've managed to convince all that it looks nice in the corner of a well lit room, so its made the move indoors. it seems to be happy now with some new, lush growth.

Do I need to do anything with it to allow it to carry on or can I leave it to its own devices?

I'm a bit reluctant to do too much to it if i can avoid it as I'm not sure how strong it is..
                    If he's not to big and not getting in anyone's way in the corner. Then I would leave him alone. As he has new growth on him just keep doing what you're doing.

Comment

• Have finally got a few plants indoors now.

Some in the greenhouse showing signs of cold damage and leaf drop, others seem ok.

Still plenty of pods on the plants

Comment

• Well here's Nigel, in all his splendour!

Name:	IMG_2713.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	2375656

Clearly loving being at home in the warmth!

But am now debating what to do with him!

Name:	IMG_2714.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	2375655

Name:	IMG_2715.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	2375657

Covered in new flora which I am hand pollenating, and new pods are forming, but don't want to exhaust him for next year!

Might just give him a few more weeks and review the situation!
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Nigel is looking very happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post

But am now debating what to do with him!
                            Covered in new flora which I am hand pollenating, and new pods are forming, but don't want to exhaust him for next year!

Might just give him a few more weeks and review the situation!
                            I have had a several plants that have carried on flowering but by Christmas time the flowers usually just drop off, so fruiting either stops or just one or two is formed. I just let them get on with it and they start back up in Feb and still given me a fabulous crop in the 2nd year. These plants are usually kept in the kitchen so theyhave constant warmth with the Aga running 24/7.

Comment

• In box is now empty

Sorry about being cryptic

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                                Would anybody like to go on this chilli experience day for free ? ( with conditions )

Chilli Experience Day | Humble by Nature, Wye Valley, Wales

Allow me to explain!
                                Bob the selfish S.O.B has gone and had his appendix out ( if only it was that simple!! )
                                Anyway he won't be in any condition to go with me .

I still really want to go. BUT here is the problem!!!!! I don't drive!
                                So the deal would involve.
                                A, spending a day in my company..........( sorry! )
                                B, you pick me up from which ever travel lodge, holiday inn, other hotels or B&B that's closest to you on route!
                                C, deposit me back to same accommodation afterwards

Anyone?
                                I would have loved to taken you up on that "Adventure" but sadly work will get in the way! Really hope somebody as taken you up on it and you and whoever have a great day!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X