No announcement yet.

Roots, Shoots, Fruits and Leaves!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh NO!! I don't know when to plant Nuts - are they like old fruits, old fruit?

Comment

I suppose grapes could go into both the fruit and leaves section.........grape leaves stuffed with whatever rock your boat - yummy.

So, rhubarb - vegetable, fruit, or can I have my own classification for stalks?
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Rhubarb's a Shoot (stalk/stem) I have seeds ready to sow on Monday - the start of Shoot week

Comment

Strawberry Spinach?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Stop trying to confuse me Its a ............errr, one of those

The good news is - the mooli radish, sown 21st have already germinated (25th). Only 4 days
            Its works, it works, I'm a genius

Comment

What about plants which grow tubers or bulbs but don't grow them underground (e.g crow garlic - bulbils in flower or air potatoes - small yams in leaf axils)

I won't mention eggs.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Stop trying to confuse me Its a ............errr, one of those

The good news is - the mooli radish, sown 21st have already germinated (25th). Only 4 days
                Its works, it works, I'm a genius
                You've just reminded me I forgot to sow my mooli!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Quick Snadge - today's the last day for doing your roots

Comment

Quick Snadge - today's the last day for doing your roots
                    Is mooli not a brassica or have you re-aligned the deffinition of veg to suit you planting regime?
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                      What about plants which grow tubers or bulbs but don't grow them underground (e.g crow garlic - bulbils in flower or air potatoes - small yams in leaf axils)

I won't mention eggs.
                      If you eat the bulbils, they're fruits, if you eat the bulbs they're roots. Obvious. I don't understand your difficulty with this

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        Is mooli not a brassica or have you re-aligned the deffinition of veg to suit you planting regime?
                        Don't you start!
                        If you eat the root, its a root

Comment

If you eat the bulbils, they're fruits, if you eat the bulbs they're roots. Obvious. I don't understand your difficulty with this
                          But I thought you said garlic and onions were shoots and there wasn't a bulb section?

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Its entrapment You and Snadge are ganging up on me and throwing red herrings in my path (they're roots with the chips - I remember that much).

While I have your attention, any idea which week is watercress?

Comment

Its entrapment You and Snadge are ganging up on me and throwing red herrings in my path (they're roots with the chips - I remember that much).

While I have your attention, any idea which week is watercress?
                              As it lives in the water it must be a fish so that's roots

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

That's what I thought too, which is why I've just potted up the "living watercress salad" from Morries into a long, soggy trough.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X