No announcement yet.

Roots, Shoots, Fruits and Leaves!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish are planted Roots week so that they're ready the same time as the Chips

Comment

All my good intentions just evaporated over night this year.......I WAS going to repeat sow my little heart out........nope didn't quite managed it.

I am going to copy out your roots, shoots idea thingy for me to have a go at - Ta very much.

p.s does anybody want a beetroot that is now the size of a football and too tough to eat? I suppose it could be carved into a C deccie.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
        All my good intentions just evaporated over night this year.......I WAS going to repeat sow my little heart out........nope didn't quite managed it.

I am going to copy out your roots, shoots idea thingy for me to have a go at - Ta very much.

p.s does anybody want a beetroot that is now the size of a football and too tough to eat? I suppose it could be carved into a C deccie.
        ................or blood red halloween lantern!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ok VC are going to extend the system to buying the seeds as well?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I think I have all the seeds I need, Jason This is a way of getting them out storage and into the ground

Comment

I think I am a bit out of sync with this - I've just sown basil for microgreens.

I suppose basil does have roots...
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Oh No, Penellype
                I don't know whether basil is a shoot/stem/stalk or a leaf ....................

but, its NOT a root

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Oh No, Penellype
                  I don't know whether basil is a shoot/stem/stalk or a leaf ....................

but, its NOT a root
                  I think if I am eating it as microgreens it would qualify as a shoot. I'm just disorganized
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    I think I have all the seeds I need, Jason This is a way of getting them out storage and into the ground
                    Since when had that stopped you?

So if garlic is a bulb and leeks are a shoot, what is elephant garlic (which is in fact a leek) if its grown for the leek leaves and the garlic bulb?

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

You're not concentrating, Jay-ell. There has been no mention of "bulbs" Leeks and onions are "Shoots", as is garlic and elephant garlic. The "bulbs" shoot out of the ground, therefore, its a shoot.
                      I rest my case, m'lud.

Actually, one of the problems I have with moonplanting is not understanding the categories. By making my own rules it makes it simpler................until people like you come along and try to confuse me

Comment

Right, so beetroot are roots, leaf beets are leaves and the thinings from my beetroot is use in a salad - probably more plants get thinned that grow roots so when would I sow - root or leaves,

When would you plant grapes? I guess I'd plant them as leaves.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Beetroot are - as it says in the name - Roots!
                          Leaf beet are leaves - s'obvious.
                          This is a sowing regime - not a picking and eating one - so you sow according to what they are.
                          As for grapes, I've never sown a grape

Comment

Jay-ell is just trying to confuse you VC. just work out what he is saying--- then tell me for he`s confused me
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I don't know how he thinks he can confuse me, rary. I know exactly what I'm doing here

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                                When would you plant grapes? I guess I'd plant them as leaves.
                                That would depend on whether the Grape in question was a nut.......................
                                Last edited by Bigmallly; 24-09-2016, 08:30 PM. Reason: Smelling Pisstake
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X