No announcement yet.

Scrapheap Challenge

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure that Timber Wolves featured much in the life of the Aztecs/Inca/Maya so you need to design your own.
    Can you scale up the outline of the wolf's head, with eyes, nose, mouth, then add a few fancy bits in the style of the Aztecs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      You know what it is, I love wolves, especially Timber wolves. I have a German Shepherd and a Siberian Husky both of which are as close to a wolf as you will get.
      This is a British timber dog kaliska and me! Stunning dogs. The lady had 4 of them, unfortunately they don't come to the island anymore.

http://www.britishtimberdogassociation.co.uk/

Don't know why you have the phone twice
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I'm not sure that Timber Wolves featured much in the life of the Aztecs/Inca/Maya so you need to design your own.
        Can you scale up the outline of the wolf's head, with eyes, nose, mouth, then add a few fancy bits in the style of the Aztecs?
        Probably..................
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
          This is a British timber dog kaliska and me! Stunning dogs. The lady had 4 of them, unfortunately they don't come to the island anymore.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69365[/ATTACH]

http://www.britishtimberdogassociation.co.uk/

Don't know why you have the phone twice
          What smashing dogs. I didn't know the breed existed!

I'll tell you what, you can keep the dogs, I'll just have the house in the background!
          Last edited by Snadger; 15-10-2016, 11:51 AM.
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            What smashing dogs. I didn't know the breed existed!

I'll tell you what, you can keep the dogs, I'll just have the house in the background!
            That's the house I do weekly change over for. It's a holiday home you can stay there if you like. You can find it on isle of mull holiday cottages. If you do stay......... Don't make a bl@@dy mess

Comment

• Not much done toady as the weather was attrocious this morning.

Because my wheelie bin that I store my chicken food in was empty and needed replemishing, I wheeled it over to my summerhouse on my new plot. Filled it with two bags of layers pellets and a bag of mixed corn I bought at the coen market this morning.
              Because of the weather I lit the woodburner and had a bit of a tidy in the summerhouse. A sack of tatties had went green so I picked out the ones that were ok and boxed them up and consigned the rest to the seed potato pile.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Your seed potato pile seems to be getting bigger - do you have anywhere on the plot where you haven't grown potatoes?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                  Your seed potato pile seems to be getting bigger - do you have anywhere on the plot where you haven't grown potatoes?
                  Can I borrow the 'New territories ' next year

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• its full of onions

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Wet cement etcher extraordinaire!

Concreted the centre keyhole this evening with the compass positions etched into wet cement. Can't say I'm particularily happy with it but maybe with a bit of titivation tomorrow evening before the concrete has completely went off I can maybe highlight the pattern that's drawn in the wet cement.
                      At one point my knee went on me when i was getting up and i nearly landed face first in the cement! Actually that imprint may have looked a bit better than what is etched on it now.!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• That's what you need Snadge.............A Geordieland walk of fame with handprints.............

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• A fish TV in the middle of the pond I haven't built yet would work!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Back on the plot today and did a bit of titivation to my etched keyhole. Cement wasn't fully cured so i was able to scrape over areas I had already done and deepen them slightly. Certain areas looked a bit bare so I added a bit of extra ornamentation.
                            Hopefully cement will have went off by tomorrow evening so I can maybe get a piccie.
                            Took another five breeze blocks to the plot (didn't realise how heavy they were!) and roughly set them in place for the foundations of my re-sited greenhouse. Another couple of car loads and i should have enough to start levelling and cementing them in position. Had to dig up a few spuds to make way for greenhouse founds and was surprised how clean they were grown in hoss muck.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• See below piccie of new keyhole!

It hasn't really turnerd out the way I wanted it to but its not a major concern as I can easily float a screed of sand and cement over the top and try again if I so wish!

While i was at plot I decided to try and pul;l up all the nettles at the far end. Having done so I filled a dalek composter to the very top!

Took a piccie of my chrysanths while I was there also:-

Once I see what colour and roughly when they flower I need to label accordingly for taking cuttings in the spring.

The next piccie is looking up the plot and you can just se the breeze blocks in the distance which once levelled and concreted in will become the base for my greenhouse.

This is the greenhouse which I hope to be able to move:-

Attached Files

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• He says that he's making keyhole beds but he's actually making runways for tiny ufos.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X