No announcement yet.

Tomato growing diary 2016

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it's completely random. They start off fine and then just go that weird colour with the end of the leaves going brownish. Hopefully someone else will be along and point us in the right direction as to why it is happening.

Comment

• Get yourselves a pot or tub of "Black Magic"

It's a bio char seaweed feed complement that you add to water! Mix to the required quantity, then put some in a spray bottle, once your toms are ready to "Prick Out" move on, set up a bottom watering tray, squirt at least 15 to 20 squirts, and sit ya pots of toms in it for a bath! Leave em a good 15-20 mins! Not overpowering! But enough to give a little persuasion!
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
        Any ideas why some tomato leaves go this colour?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63525[/ATTACH]
        Scoot! It is down to Nutrient Deficiancy! Although we all buy our bags of compost from a reputable source! We don,t know how these bags have been stored! Outside in all weathers! Will surely leach it's goodness! Inside stored stuff is best! But ya never gunna know!
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
          Scoot! It is down to Nutrient Deficiancy! Although we all buy our bags of compost from a reputable source! We don,t know how these bags have been stored! Outside in all weathers! Will surely leach it's goodness! Inside stored stuff is best! But ya never gunna know!
          Would a little liquid feed do them any good?

The next time I pot them on will be into their final pots and it's too cold for that yet.

Comment

• I thought it might be nutrient deficiency. The only problem is, when I first noticed this they had just been potted up into new compost and all the tomatoes were treated exactly the same. The compost came from the same bag, and clearly has plenty of nutrients as other tomatoes have that distinctive curl to their leaves that they get when they have just been given a feed.

This is my worst affected plant:

And these are its sisters, treated exactly the same way:

The top of the plant does look healthier, although still a little pale.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Penellype; 25-04-2016, 07:24 PM.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• I had this similar issue with just one aubergine plant and odd chilli and tomato. thought could be of frost effect. only the bigger aubergine plant close to sunny windowsill got effected this way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                Would a little liquid feed do them any good?

The next time I pot them on will be into their final pots and it's too cold for that yet.
                Yes, try a diluted feed. Apart from that bright yellow one the rest look good. Ive had similar problems on my chilli seedlings.

Comment

• Some of my tomato seeds are germinating already. There are signs in 5 of the 7 varieties, with Belle and Mountain Magic lagging behind.
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Come on weather! Work with me! Can't hold these "Babies" back any further!

Getting leggier by the day!

Even under "Lights"

Currently hail stoning outside! Give me a break!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      More toms seeds set today. - many thanks to Trip 5 Brown Sugar
                      All 5 popped up last night all we need now is some sun.

Comment

• snap deano!!

Comment

• I always sow mine early, new year to be precise some years it works, others it doesn't!!!
                          I've been umming and arring what to do?
                          Decided last weekend they're made of tough northern stuff! My leggy beauties need to fly the nest (to the Greenhouse) last night I panicked and send oldest son and my beloved down the water logged garden to rescue my babies, thank (The Lord ) I did, blooming snowing, on and off hail all day

Comment

• My babies have just come through, I know I'm late but these are spares.
                            I have 2 bought (cheat) tomatoberry bush type it says.
                            Own sown..Príncipe borghese (freebies in a mag I guess)
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Most of mine were in from the cold last night, I potted some on as they were getting a little pot bound and ended up with several more tray to carry every day. One tray was accidently left up the GH last night....I don't really want to look yet

These are having a warm in the dining room
                              Attached Files

Comment

• WOW !!!
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X