Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to post my pics but the ads at the sides of the forum are obscuring half the box and I can't see what I am doing. Will try again later.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Er yes something has gone really screwy online. I cannot see half of what I'm typing

Screenshot

Attached Files
      LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• All sorted now ladies

Comment

• July pics:

Near the hotbin

Tomatoes have now been planted out but are rapidly being swamped by self seeded nasturtiums. Strawberries are turning red and have been netted.

Near the apple tree

Sungold tomatoes are growing well and there is a nice crop of apples on the way (I hope). White currant has been pruned and there is plenty of fruit.

From under the archway

Early peas and spinach have finished. The growhouse now contains a cucumber, a few seedlings and 2 of the balconi tomatoes from the spare bedroom. Runner beans are starting to make their way along the string on the left. The 2 saladgrow planters are now housing leeks (which seem to like it there) and tomatoes and fuchsia berries. Carrots and calabrese growing well in the mesh cage. Every bit of available space is crammed full, with beetroot in the green pot, peas on top of the cover for the brassica seedlings and wild strawberries on top of the compost bin.

The dark area behind the fruit cage

Charlotte potatoes are beginning to die down and are almost ready. The desiree are still green. Everbearer strawberries have been netted against birds and there are buckets of brokali and kohlrabi underneath. The green net in the foreground covers spinach and the pot on the fence at the back is the french beans I grew on the windowsill in spring, still producing the odd bean.

The veg garden

Yet more strawberries, main crop peas nearly ready and the early ones near the fence are about finished. Onions looking a bit tatty now. The early potatoes in the quadgrow are being harvested and the 2 front pots have been sown with carrot flyaway (to test its claims of fly resistance) and swede, which I have never grown successfully. The back 2 pots will house tomatoes, but I will need to cut the hedge first!
          Attached Files
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• A few more pictures from around the garden

A different view of the hotbin area

Courgettes in the cold frame

The Sarpo potatoes near the archway

The veg cage

Hard to see but parsnips on the left, carrots at the back and in the middle, and calabrese on the right.

Shady corner behind the fruit cage

Strawberries in towers near the hedge and Desiree potatoes.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Loving your work NG
              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• TY for all your lovely comments. I was a bit dubious about the vid but glad I did. Its the being your own worst critic

Comment

• Not much to report at the end of June but plenty growing, albeit a little slower than normal

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Greenleaves; 04-07-2016, 06:19 PM. Reason: Coz BM spotted the typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                    Not much to report at the end of Jane but plenty growing, albeit a little slower than normal
                    Looks great GL, I'm sure Jane will be well chuffed................
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                      the end of Jane
                      NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Comment

• ^^ I hate predictive text.......

Comment

• July in the Garden
                          The first photo shows broccoli,leeks & dahlias in a bed behind the pots of tomatoes,onions,petunias,geraniums etc in photo two. Runner beans moonlight & celebration,Evesham special brussels sprouts & ovation sweetcorn in the fourth photo. Red onions,white geraniums,two cucino cucumbers,dwarf sunflowers,nasturtium,elephant garlic & a couple more runner beans growing up the swing in the last photo,the cucumbers are just touching the net.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• July in the Garden
                            A few more photos showing last years runner bean plants-celebration amongst brussels sprouts & tomatoes. On the patio lots of potatoes & tomatoes. The last photo is a pot of dwarf peas & carrots.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Brilliant photos, Jane. You must be very pleased with how everything is coming along.

The moonlight runner beans are a variety I've got down to try next year as they are self pollinating and have good reviews. I'd like to grow even more beans and flat podded peas next year as they seem easy to grow and give very good returns for the space they take up.
                              LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                                TY for all your lovely comments. I was a bit dubious about the vid but glad I did. Its the being your own worst critic
                                You did really well. I hope I am brave enough to try video one day - maybe next year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X