X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lettuce, salad leaves, Spring onions and a cucumber

Comment

strawberries and rhubarb today. The rhubarb's macerating prior to being vodkarised. I've run out again...
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
        strawberries and rhubarb today. The rhubarb's macerating prior to being vodkarised. I've run out again...
        Oh! please share the recipe with me.

Comment

My 2nd courgette of 2016

Comment

Rhubarb for me also, pleased with my small picking, because we moved this plant earlier in the year
            I have stewed it up and it will be pudding tonight with custard - it takes so much sugar to get it sweet enough though. Going to use anymore in jam I think
            Nannys make memories

Comment

Picked a FULL punnet of Strawberries, my first ever from the plot and a load of Broad Beans from my triffids.
              The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

My first harvest
                Attached Files

Comment

My 3rd courgette of 2016 and a bolting leek

Comment

Managed to wrestle a couple of dozen strawberries from the slugs, mixed salad leaves, a couple of overwintered onions and some radishes.
                    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• sounds like you done well there ive just lifted red emmalie about the size of salad potatoes tasted lovely with a bit of butter ile lift my heritage ones next violleta welldone

Comment

• lifted my red emmalie spuds yesterday just scraped them clean and nuked them in the microwave with atouch of water drained them bashed them with a fork aded a bit of butter bloody lovely ile lift my violletta spuds tomorrow

Comment

• A whole 2 strawberries, tell first of the year for us and 1 of them was so small it doesn't even count the other got its end squashed by my 3 year old as he found it and it picked it. Needless to say I didn't get to sample either
                          Attached Files

Comment

• 4.7kg of Broad Beans . . . they have been ready for a few days but work and the weather have been delaying me, I'll crop some more tonight if it isn't raining too heavily.

I learned in 2014 that a mature bean is like a bullet and not good to eat so I am desperate not to make the same mistake again this time. I tried a few beans last night before putting the rest in the freezer and they were OK.
                            My allotment in pictures

Comment

• Three, sweet, so sweet, juicy, plump strawberries that I scoffed with my yogurt for brekkie this morning
                              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• I picked a leaf from my watercress sowing. It tasted just like - watercress! Well impressed
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X