• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verve Multi-Purpose Compost 125L | Rooms | DIY at B&Q

£6.73 for 125L from B and Q.

Comment

Update on Aldi peat free compost

So far the tomatoes I potted on into it are doing fine. A few seeds have germinated - not sure what they are - some self saved flowers that someone gave me. So I would probably buy again.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
        3 for £12 Rary ...... pray tell where?
        sorry for not getting back to you about this Greenleaves (I was down in your area for a wedding) unfortunately it was a local garden center in Kilmarnock I purchased them and not a national one
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

No photos (sorry), just an observation. Planted some spuds in 30 litre heavy duty pots yesterday using asda MPC and B&Q verve. Asda was dark, full of fibres and clumpy. The B&Q stuff was a lovely light brown, light and crumbly so I'll be buying verve again when I need some more.
          Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Originally posted by spamvindaloo View Post
            No photos (sorry), just an observation. Planted some spuds in 30 litre heavy duty pots yesterday using asda MPC and B&Q verve. Asda was dark, full of fibres and clumpy. The B&Q stuff was a lovely light brown, light and crumbly so I'll be buying verve again when I need some more.
            Ive used quite a few of the budget composts and I find the B&Q verve the best, when I try other brands like westland its just full of wood chips.

I friend of mine bought some Homebase compost. 4 for £15 I think but that was also good.

Comment

J Arthur Bowers MPC 2 x 100ltr bags for £5 on offer at Makro. No idea on quality or contents.
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Forgot that is plus VAT

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Morrison's selling their own MPC 40 litres for £2 = 5p.
                  Didn't buy any so can't comment on the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                    J Arthur Bowers MPC 2 x 100ltr bags for £5 on offer at Makro. No idea on quality or contents.
                    This stuff was on sale for 2 for 3 at my local agricultural store.OH got me 3 for a suprise gift . It was full of wire, and other bits, large chunks of wood. I really didn't like it.

Comment

Thanks Scarlet that's why it is just 3p a litre then.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

..........or 4p with VAT

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                          No idea on quality or contents.
                          I used to buy this all the time as it is on offer at Makro every year, usually BOGOF. It used to be good but the last couple of years it has been rubbish though so I've stayed away from it.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          It was full of wire, and other bits, large chunks of wood. I really didn't like it.
                          I think I'll continue to stay away from it.
                          Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

I bought some westland jacks magic compost yesterday, 2x60l for £10

Its not the cheapest at 8p a litre but the quality is fantastic, really fine and crumbly with no wood bits at all.
                            Last edited by maverick451; 02-05-2015, 07:10 PM.

Comment

J Arthur Bowers mpc 3 x 50l for £10 at tesc0 - with this,once you've picked out the glass,plastic lumps & bits that don't squidge,you're left with about 35l,I'm thinking may as well get good quality,properly made mpc 8-9p a litre,because it probably works out you pay the same?

Comment

in april I bought some homebase MPC and it was "woolly" and looked like it was mouldy and the plants didn't do well in it but I got some b & q MPC 3 weeks ago and I couldn't believe the difference, everything is romping away..
                                Last edited by BUFFS; 02-05-2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X