CompareTheCompost.com

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
    It looks similar to the worst buy in this which report by t&m,but this ones peat free. Verve looks like a good choice....
    http://blog.thompson-morgan.com/wp-c...edicompost.pdf

Thanks Jungle Jane. Verve it is. I used Verve last year and it was fine. I've already been stung once this year with that crappy easigrow stuff so I'll stick with verve. I'll probably mix the verve with some of that rubbish easigrow stuff to bulk it up a little bit.
    Last edited by Scoot; 23-03-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• The 'Richmoor' available in Morrisons is in 40L bags in our store @ £2 (so same 5p/l). Consistency is as per Evans' report.

Will be getting some verve though as I have preferred that in previous years.
      While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
        The 'Richmoor' available in Morrisons is in 40L bags in our store @ £2 (so same 5p/l). Consistency is as per Evans' report.

Will be getting some verve though as I have preferred that in previous years.
        Hello again Where have you been for a whole year? Thought you'd deserted us all.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Hi mothhawk,

I've posted a reply here so as not to tangetize this thread. TY
          While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

• Started my putting my spuds in buckets today. I had a bag of asda compost which just wasn't nice at all. Loads of fibres and stuck together in lumps. Then moved onto a bag of verve, lovely and crumbly, easy to mix in the fertiliser. It's still good stuff this year so I'll be buying a few more bags as it's on offer from tomorrow, I believe.

The manager of a local GC suggested I might want to try Levington original as it's been getting a very good press, but the good stuff is only in the 75 litre bags apparently, the stuff in the 50 litre bags is different. So if anybody is tempted to try it, get the right size of bag.
            Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

• wilko compost

Hi ,
              I`m New here,been reading this thread with interest.
              Anyone tried this from Wilko. Ive been quite impressed its about 50% peat and certainly nicer to handle than some of these MPC full of wood pieces types.
              Wilko Functional Multi Purpose Compost 15L at wilko.com
              Bob

Comment

• John innes compost is on 2 for £8 at b&m

Previously I have said about the bogof £5.99 compost at poundland. I have found that alothough it feels lovely etc it has hundreds of weeds in it. I think I will use it again but as cover in autumn.
                If you want to view paradise
                Simply look around and view it.

Comment

• Aldi 20l MPC on offer from Sunday at 99p.

Not the best quality in my opinion but not too bad if you're filling raised beds etc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X