No announcement yet.

My Plot Coming Along Now...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may also need a bit of direct heat to get your peppers, and maybe tomatoes going as a window cill can be slightly on the cold side and these two like it warmer than the rest to germ.

Comment

Originally posted by libbyloulou View Post
      You may also need a bit of direct heat to get your peppers, and maybe tomatoes going as a window cill can be slightly on the cold side and these two like it warmer than the rest to germ.
      do you mean like just having heating on in house a bit more cause my house is hot all the time at around 23 degrees and is there anything i can buy that will help me when to sow and where to sow cause it is alot to take in confusing me really bad guys
      All My Spare Time Is Spent On The Plot .. Gardening Is What I Love To Do..
      sigpic

Comment

Don't let it stress you out Andy. All seeds need certain conditions to germinate i.e Toms & Chillis germinate better in warm compost hence the use of heated propagators. Can I suggest before sowing, post a question on your thread and don't think you may be asking silly questions, someone will always advise you of the best way to do things, the advice may differ slightly but at least you will get some advice.
        Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-02-2015, 10:44 PM.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi Andi, echoing what BM says, don't worry about getting everything right first time. A lot of the growing stuff we learn from experience, try it one way and if it doesn't work try something different next time.
          We all have slightly different ways, in fact I doubt that you could find any one thing that we all do exactly the same.
          Tomatoes and cucumbers are quite easy to start off from seed, the difficulty comes in keeping them growing strongly until the weather is warm enough for them to be planted out. If they don't get enough light, they will grow leggy, that is, long and spindly and yellowed, as they search for light. Its very difficult to provide enough light indoors, even the best lit window provides uneven light to one side of the plant.
          It is better to delay sowing for a month or two, than to sow early and end up with leggy plants. Having said that, I have started a few tomato seedlings, just for the hell of it, but my main tomato session will not be until next month.
          Don't hesitate to ask questions here, we're always happy to help.

Comment

this is from Monday 2nd march to Friday 6th march 2015

sorry for not posting been really busy as you can see

chicken coop and run coming along now will be finished this weekend hopefully

Added another raised bed and manure on beds

Painted shed with protective paint to stop rotting

thanks guys more pics coming soon
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andiwiddow View Post
              Thanks VC i love it because i can sort out two plots while im in one pathway

and being tall does have some plus points but always have a head ache from walking into top of greenhouse door frame because i forget how low it is lol
              Mrbadexample raised his greenhouse by putting it on breeze blocks, as did currysniffa http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...use_63424.html
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Wow, Andi, you have been busy
                Is the frame work for your chicken run? I "made" one like that and roofed it with corrugated plastic sheets. Gives the chooks somewhere dry and nothing will grow there anyway - not for long! I throw all the grass cuttings, weeds and stuff for the compost bin in there and they turn it into compost for me.

Comment

Hiya All

This is from today guys

all structure is up just needs wire adding to it now all fox proof wire/mesh is on so they dont get into the run

going down tomoz to add rest off mesh and roof
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

this is from today guys got a lot done it only 2 hours

hopefully chickens will be in on the weekend
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Hiya All

I got to finish work very early today and went down to plot and got lots done on chicken coop/run

very happy with how it is looking
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Andiwiddow; 09-03-2015, 06:44 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

hiya all again another day at the plot with the sun blazing down while i was working on this very happy about this...

cannot wait until the weekend so my first chickens can go in there new home

what do you think vine ?
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

another day at the plot i only had to work 2 hours today so i went down to the plot and got loads done and i am happy to announce that i got done in time to go and pick my first chickens up

i am over the moon with the outcome in such a short space of time time to concentrate on my raised beds and planting my veg
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks great Andi - I'm sure your chooks will be happy in their new home. Don't forget to add them to http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ave_25436.html

Comment

thansk VC ive added them to the list
                              sigpic

Comment

Can't wait for your next post, Andi - following with interest!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X