Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• susieq...........Pecker Up Girl!.......
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Spent most of the day cleaning the house while waiting for the man to service the burglar alarm. Got very bored, so planted some balconi tomatoes. Read the weather forecast for next week with a feeling of dread - I put up my blowaway greenhouse last week when the forecast was for high pressure and light winds. Now it is saying 43 kt base speed (strong gale) and 64 kt gusts (hurricane) next Thursday - that's the worst so far this winter. I may be taking my greenhouse down next week as it would be stupid to risk it being ripped to shreds
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Washed the inside of my greenhouse (lean to) out today. Was smelling a lot of J's for a while 'till I hit the shower. Looks nice and clean now but will have to get one of those fumigating candle thingys as it's never been done since I put it up.
        The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men gang aft agley

Comment

• Weeding more flower beds.
          Happy to see the chive plants planted in the border coming up about 2" high!
          Looking forward to the first of the year's chives on the last of last year's Charlotte potatoes!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sealed a few rips on the smaller polytunnel and tightened its moorings. filled the tumbling composter and started making space for my new green house.
            After rain stopped play, went to B & M's and bought a potting table for £29.99
            What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
            Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Took Chrysanthemum cuttings. Sowed some early carrots in a tub in the greenhouse.
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I sown some cut and come again lettuce in the greenhouse to try and get an early crop. I was going to plant out my shallot sets but it was tipping it down and I didn't have my water proofs.
                An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

• Lots of potting up today, tomatoes, red onion, sunflower, cabbage and lettuce. Moved borage, nasturtium and courgette to the polytunnel. Bought a great potting table
                  Greenfingers Potting Table with Drawer Large on Sale | Fast Delivery | Greenfingers.com
                  Also loved using my new gardening journal I got off my OH for Valentine's day

Comment

• Done now't!

But picked up these little babies!

As "Cute as Cute can be"

I really need to have a word with myself!

Hey! Weekend off on it's way!
                    Attached Files
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Sowed a few dozen Parsnip seeds into tubs, picked up 29 flower buckets from morrisons for 99p and got a treat of my partner

Comment

• Put a load of woodash on the plum trees and gave all the fruit trees and bushes a winter wash. Also, gave the garden shed a clearout.
                        Follow my progress in gardening at altitude in France www.750metres.net

Comment

• many seed offers been tempting still . but no no to big company temptations (did I say I added carts for T&M, Parks promotions 2 times, and other offers came on emails etc and cancelled .

Today I have checked the seeds I got from mom. well she picked all of them the sample seed packets from a company for free . and the lot contains every thing . and oh my god , after sowing one set of toms, peppers and aubs from uk bought..which contan max of 10 - 15 seeds in each pack... the sample packs given by mom contains alot many seeds, can not count them.

So no more temptations to buy any seeds ( Beans I have only dwarf french and Indian bean types, will try checking with allotment neighbours than buying any this year)

and also checked the shed at alotment which has so many seed pots and couple of module trays though I have bought few at home.

did sow 2nd round of toms, aubs and chilli seeds..and few greens. filled few modules and thinking of what to sow .. may be peas, beans, broadbeans and cucumbers by weekend.

If any one like to try any Indian seeds PM me . I just curious about green tomatos though (otherwise I harvest my tomatos if I grow any , harvest when they are green?)
                          Last edited by Elfeda; 20-02-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• It has been raining solidly all day here, so only thing I have done gardening-wise is to sow some mixed lettuce, mizuna and rocket leaves in the greenhouse for cut-and-come-again. Picked up a bunch of what I think is dahlia tubers from the "share" box at the allotment site. There was a very faded plant label on them and I think I could make out "dahlia bl.....". Hoping these are edible ones, got to have a tiny nibble to check!
                            Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes

Comment

• Its been a beautiful day here, so managed to spend a good 5 hours at the lotty without getting rained on.
                              Put weed suppresant down on a problem area and covered with bark chippings, built 2 more raised beds, leaving room for another 6 when I get time to build them. Still got a massive pile of wood to go at, so will use some of it to secure fencing.
                              Transplanted 6 Raspberry canes that were in the wrong place, planted some shallots given to me by another plotholder and put some Arran pilot spuds in a tray to chit.
                              Then sat with a cuppa and listened to Gardeners Question Time whike surveying my work
                              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Went to the Hill yesterday:
                                - dug over a 3 beds
                                - mended the netting tunnel (again)
                                - picked kale
                                - thoroughly prepped bed for parsnip and station sowed with extreme love and care - little beggars better d@mn well come up.
                                - bought mini gh from W1lko

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X