Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my parsnips sown! Tickled over half a raised bed (Used about 5 foot by 4 foot) Raked the soil and planted 7 X 4 foot wide rows. Nice to get something done on the land but the soil still felt very cold.
    Pleased to see my notice on the allotment gates has bagged another prospective plot holder!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Made a start on clearing the weeds again, gave up and decided to burn each area one at a time instead tomorrow, or maybe early next week as its a holiday weekend here in Bulgaria so that much smoke may be a bit much

Found some plants in the local Baumax diy shop while buying floor tiles, ended up with a couple of standard roses and 4 normal rose bushes, 3 apricot trees, 2 peach trees and a pear tree.....

I have no idea on varieties of the trees or rootstocks yet as its all in Cyrillic text its all there but I haven`t tried working it out yet but they seemed popular! and worked out only about £2.50 each , i wont need to bother about pollination partners as there are so many other trees round

When i got back from the shops I planted roses and 3 gooseberry and then 3 blackcurrant bushes I got from direct plants on ebay

Tomorrow its planting time for over 100 raspberry canes, after I do the kitchen floor tiles
      Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

• Re potted my baby tom plants, sowed aubergine, cilli's, sweet peas, spinsch, nastur - thingies, marigolds, borage, bush basil (thanks to VSP), oregano, potted on some cabbage
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Dredged my pond. I have been dreading it for over a year, but it is done. It wasn't to bad at all. Well thats that done for 5-10 years
          Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 28-02-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• I put some cheap fleece over the exposed patch to stop neighbours cat from using as a toilet!

Cut a few diseased leaves off my PSB.

Bought most the seed potatoes in from the garage, that had started to sprout. Now on coolest windowsill.

Thoughts about buy some compost this coming week.

Comment

• I spent three hours or so digging weed roots out of my new allotment beds. Finished! Now I just have to get the weeds out of the old beds...
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                Stove in! Complete with log n wood storage bin!

Just need to clad out n insulate the inside of the shed.

The idea being to turn it into a proper ""Potting Shed" now with a tad of heat!

Hoping to rip out the entire south facing side n replace with a six foot high lean too cold frame with shelving for seed trays etc!

Well, that's the idea anyway!

We had to change it slightly! But We've just about achieved the goal we aimed for!

Makes the shed look massive!

But perfect for "Seed Tray's" etc

At last, a "Potting Shed" I would only dream of! Well "Chuffed" with it!

And it has hidden "Extra's" regarding hidden tool storage compartments!

So if the "Little Divy's" hell bent on robbing allotment sites finds my gear, I'll show my backside on the "Town Hall" steps
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 01-03-2015, 05:25 PM.
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• I have been a busy little bee this weekend ( for once). Today I repotted all the pond plants and covered the pond with a sheet of rigid wire (not very pretty) but serves several purposes. Cleaned down both greenhouses and now I stink of j*y*s fluid

Comment

• I went and ought a tray and a riddle from aldi.
                    Last edited by Snow; 01-03-2015, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Built yet another raised bed - only about 4 more to go. Sowed little gem lettuce, tigerella toms and repotted some tomatilloes
                      What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Planted up four Strawberry 'honeoye' plants which Neil brought home yesterday. He'd seen them on offer for just £2 and the pack said there were three plants but when I opened them there were actually four Now installed in my greenhouse.

Also filled a window propagator with John Innes seed compost and brought it home where it's warmer and will sow some pepper seeds tomorrow afternoon
                        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Planted spuds in sacks in the greenhouse Accent and Red duke - both new to me.

I use to leave spuds in garage until some growth shows then leave them near the house to protect from frost - thought I'd try the greenhouse this year.

I'll give it 2=3 weeks then plant some more the later ones usually catch up a bit but I like to think I'm getting a head a bit.

Oh prepared some mix for potting on - my aubergines are a bit leggy so I might pot on early plant a bit deep and try a high nitrogen feed to encourage foliage growth.

Comment

• Sowed some seeds, all flowers, now on window sill, in propagator.
                            DottyR

Comment

• I did lots of weeding today. The couch grass is starting to grow strongly and the annual meadow grass is starting to flower, so I need to get a move on.

This year I'm determined to properly clear all the paths in between the beds. I've been a bit lazy up to now, but the couch and bent grasses in particular spread out from the paths into the beds the moment I turn my back. So this time I'm going to take them all down to bare earth then mulch with newspaper and chippings. Well that's the plan.
                              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• what I did today

Where do I start? Sowed brussels, kale, leeks, red & white onions, and PSB in my new cold frame. Sowed spinach, round beans, lamb's lettuce outside in the beds. Planted out some summer lettuces. Planted a few Vivaldi potatoes. Potted up tomato, celery, cucumbers, and basil seedlings which have now been moved from indoors to my little plastic greenhouse. Now time for a cuppa me thinks
                                Just think happy thoughts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X