Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I didn't do much. I pricked out some baby lettuces into modules then squished the cabbage aphids that I found on my savoy cabbages currently waiting in the cold frame until there's a space at the allotment. I'll have to do a daily check for a bit now.
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Not much done today apart from a slug and snail hunt, got some black plastic squares spread around which they seem to like hiding under. Did you know slugs cant swim

Comment

• I finally found somewhere to bung the last growbag so planted out the final three tomato Sungold. Planted out some pak choi and asparagus peas that were started in the greenhouse.
        Weeded the raised beds and rediscovered a small patch of garden hidden under a huge pile of terracotta pots. It's now been uncovered, weeded and dug. I knew I'd find somewhere for those other squash plants eventually

Comment

• Not much in the way of gardening today, got all my tackle & bait sorted for a session on the local river tomorrow, raided the wormery for said venture. Had a mosey round the garden & collect half a trug of mole hill soil...............beautiful stuff, should be ideal for sowing seeds. Did a bit of tidying up of a couple of bushes & a little festooning of the fruit trees............Oops, almost forgot. Sprayed all the Toms & Potatoes with Asprin spray to hopefully protect from blight.
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-06-2015, 08:28 PM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Today I weeded my summer cabbage bed and tidied up all the dead leaves etc. I found one well-fed snail, which explains some of the holes. I also found a small colony of cabbage aphids, which I squished, and a sprinkling of whitefly, which I ignored. But overall they are looking good. The first batch of Golden Acre will soon be ready, the Kalibos Red, Nantais Hatif and Greyhound are coming along nicely too.

It's a good job we like cabbage...

Attached Files
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Planted a tray of thyme plants in my herb bed after first digging the triangular section.. Weeded my red onions. Weeded area around my courgettes. Planted a horned melon plant I got off Jay-Ell in the polytunnel .
              Watered all that needed watering.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                Not much in the way of gardening today, got all my tackle & bait sorted for a session on the local river tomorrow, raided the wormery for said venture. Had a mosey round the garden & collect half a trug of mole hill soil...............beautiful stuff, should be ideal for sowing seeds. Did a bit of tidying up of a couple of bushes & a little festooning of the fruit trees............Oops, almost forgot. Sprayed all the Toms & Potatoes with Asprin spray to hopefully protect from blight.
                Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                Today I weeded my summer cabbage bed and tidied up all the dead leaves etc. I found one well-fed snail, which explains some of the holes. I also found a small colony of cabbage aphids, which I squished, and a sprinkling of whitefly, which I ignored. But overall they are looking good. The first batch of Golden Acre will soon be ready, the Kalibos Red, Nantais Hatif and Greyhound are coming along nicely too.

It's a good job we like cabbage...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56974[/ATTACH]
                Oh to be "Retired"
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Been to Lids and bought these for £4, look nice don't they.
                  Attached Files
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• As Wickes have a special on manure, I was able to dig a very generous amount into my new-found bed before planting the last four squash plants. They weren't particularly pot bound but I swear you could see them having a lovely stretch when they realised how much space they had, and how much manure

I also tidied up my herb garden and found some more pots to take the oregano, fennel and dill for when they're ready to be planted out.

Comment

• Must admit "Nanny" I love "Carnations"
                      Got a white one sat in a pot at the side of the house, dug up from "Old Dears" Garden, hoping to take a few "Piping" from it this year!
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                        Must admit "Nanny" I love "Carnations"
                        Got a white one sat in a pot at the side of the house, dug up from "Old Dears" Garden, hoping to take a few "Piping" from it this year!
                        I'm hoping to keep these and have them cover the pot. It's lovely to see a bit more colour in spud land lol
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Once they get there "Feet In" Am sure you won't be disapointed!

Comment

• Planted out some perpetual spinach and chard.
                            Sowed some okihajiki (hoping that it'llgerminatefor me this time)
                            Weeded my squash.
                            Realised that out of the 8 beds I've got, 4 have squash or courgettes (2 completely and 1 at 60%)
                            Planted 2 Sweet Dumpling squash and 2 Shooting Star courgettes in another bed (so that's five now).
                            Built dug and filled a new bed - hmmm, wonder what I'm going to put into it?
                            Swapped one of my spare horned melons for a couple of tubes of clear silicon sealant.
                            Weeded my roots and onions.
                            Chatted a bit.
                            Watered the beds and the see through sheds.
                            Last edited by Jay-ell; 23-06-2015, 08:20 PM. Reason: computer decided to type different things to me

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Got home from work with a splitting headache which disappeared within minutes of being at the allotment.
                              Watered loads, mulched tomatos with grass clippings, tied in tops of sunflowers( they have grown another foot since last time) and more weeding.
                              Arrived home at 7.30 and watered and weeded here.
                              No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Planted my last courgette plant outdoors and weeded part of my herb bed. Chopped back the mint, lemon balm,pineapple mint and chives.
                                Took the top off my glass frame surrounding my pumpkin as it is raining just now and its expected to be a decent day weather wise tomorrow.
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X