Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dug and prepared the garden for planting the potatoes tomorrow. Potted on some tomato pklants.
    Did a 4 mile walk this morning in the park as it was such a beautiful day.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lovely day - so many nice gardening things I could have done.....
      ended up concreting posts in - least I will have more fence to grow squashes up

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        You put your pots in the dishwasher and the Mrs doesn't complain !
        OH went to work one morning and went to grab a cup out of the dishwasher to find.....4 toilet brushes and containers (yuk!) cleaner said "don't worry about it! I ve put it on super rinse"
        Scarlet! I don't tell her!

Not as nasty as it seems! I wash my pots as I use em, so there really not that "Mucky" to be honest! not full of sludge n stuff!

So just a point of a quick rinse really!

n once done! I then run it through a cleaning cycle!
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Today I planted 200 tatties..............
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• I've been tidying up. I was out there most of the day (several coffee breaks) generally weeding, and trying to get the nettles out from the Middle of my gooseberry bushes...without luck. Seriously thinking I may go against my no weedkiller rule and paint it on. I'm right next to a field that is full of them

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Today I planted 200 tatties..............
              I planted some spuds today not as many as you Bigmallly. I only planted 15
              sigpic

Comment

• Really from a couple of days ago - but I have pictures

Starting from scratch on this quite rocky site. I had a couple of raised beds made but not I have a couple more - one to fill. I've been scraping soil from the field to provide bulk - but I've added blood fish and bone, rotted manure to the mix so they should produce something.

Planted out broad beans that had been started off in the tunnel, transplanted strawberries out too. Also planted two rhubarb crowns in the top bed.

Attached Files

Comment

• Sowed some leek and basil seeds and made some little home-made propagators for them.

Comment

• Sowed Cedrico,Sungold and Beefsteak tomatoes. Turfed out the leeks which have now germinated and put the toms in the propagator.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                      Really from a couple of days ago - but I have pictures

Starting from scratch on this quite rocky site. I had a couple of raised beds made but not I have a couple more - one to fill. I've been scraping soil from the field to provide bulk - but I've added blood fish and bone, rotted manure to the mix so they should produce something.

Planted out broad beans that had been started off in the tunnel, transplanted strawberries out too. Also planted two rhubarb crowns in the top bed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54352[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54351[/ATTACH]
                      Mmmm that polytunnel *swoon*

I sowed some beetroot, sweetcorn and peas.
                      Bought and potted a £1 gooseberry bush.

Signed my Allotment Agreement...yayyyy!

Comment

• I spent a half day shredding branches for the paths, the other half cleaning the fish TV & covering to reduce algae growth, will be putting it back in place tomorrow. This will be a adult only TV as it is now blue..............
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Last of the onions in. Perpetual spinach in and covered. Carrots sown.
                          Ordered more seeds - whey hey!
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Planted 5 little gem lettuces today. Will plant more next month and the month after and so on.

Comment

• Potted on my two armpit toms that's been in a bedroom window all winter.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sowed some carrots in an old water tank I was gifted last summer. Varieties 'Supreme Chantenay Red Core, Norfolk Giant, Some other Chantenay and Flakkee Gigantes. Potted on a few of my early toms (black russian) and chillis (purple tiger / filius blue).

After the last few days of sawing, shredding, rock hurling, raking, dragging and bagging. I took it easy.

Forgot to sow herbs and the leaf celery wot arrived with the postie.
                                While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X